Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys my ZX-14 is still not fully broken in with about 100 miles left to go. Even still, I dropped some big bucks this week and picked up a new '07 RSVR Factory. I have been reading about them for over a year and when I saw one at my local Aprilia dealer, the tempation got the better of me. These bikes are works of art. The small numbers of the Factory model imported into this country almost guarantees I'll never see myself on the road.

I have basically always had inline 4 cylinder Japanese bikes in the past. From a performance and reliability standpoint, they can't be beat. I was going to get a new supersport at some point. However, I decided I wanted something rare and exotic instead of a new Japanese literbike. I was debating on the Ducati 999 or the Aprilia Factory. After comparing them for a while, I went with the RSV. The standard 999 was actually selling about $500 cheaper, but to get the same features as the Factory, I would have had to spend more for the 999S or even the 999R. I also liked the looks of the RSV Factory better.

I love the V-twin engine. Its so different from what I'm used to.

Its got OZ gold anodized forged aluminum wheels, Ohlins everything, Brembo radial brakes, and tons of carbon fiber body parts standard. I'm hoping to take some pics tomorrow.

Yes, I'm keeping my 14.

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
Just think for a moment...you can ride the piss out of that bike and don't have to worry about valve adjustments until probably 24,000-miles like a Japanese bike.

Those Austrians sure do know how to make a mean engine. I like them Italians but I don't trust them with the engine.:clown:

·
Registered
127,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by fnfalman
Just think for a moment...you can ride the piss out of that bike and don't have to worry about valve adjustments until probably 24,000-miles like a Japanese bike.

Those Austrians sure do know how to make a mean engine. I like them Italians but I don't trust them with the engine.:clown:
The engine, I believe, is made by Rotec, which is an austrian company. I love the Italian engineering in the styling and chassis, but I'm glad the RSV engine is outsourced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts