Glock Talk banner

New 1911

1K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  G26S239 
#1 ·
I have for what ever reason wanted a new Kimber Raptor for awhile now and couldn't resist this little beauty when I saw her at the store the other day. So I decided she needed a loving home and picked her up. I then fondeled her all the way to the range warming her up for a grand performance. She ate it all re-loads, factory, and hollow points. I left her begging for more. I know, I know no pics it didn't happen so here.

See less See more
#2 ·
Very Nice :thumbsup:

#5 ·
Very nice, congrats! Yeah you need to take better pics!
What can I say it was a camera phone. Instead of spending money on cameras and such I prefer guns, ammo, or re-loading equipment. I have a fairly single tracked mind.

#10 ·
Thanks guys.

#12 ·
I've got around 2000 rounds through my Kimber Pro CDP II with no issues to date. I even fired some bad reloads through it with no issues. These reloads coincidentally broke my ejector and my extractor on a Para I had...and caused fte's until I replaced the springs. The Kimber keeps on truckin though. I guess it's about time to buy my first set of wolf replacement springs just to be safe.

Sweet Kimber you have there! Love my Kimber...

I take that back...I had a slight issue. I bumped the ambi safety on my (heavy) storm door very hard. I managed to snap the ambi safety in two. I called Kimber, and ended up speaking to someone on the shop floor. He sent me a replacement free of charge, including free shipping even though I admitted that it was my big ol butt's fault. I wish I would have asked for parts to convert to standard safety, as the ambi junk just adds extra width and I can manipulate it just fine with my index finger when shooting weak handed anyway.

Congrats and enjoy!

#18 ·
#21 ·
Nice gun...congrats. I still hate Kimber's rollmark though, just looks so "girly."
That was part of the reason it appealed to me when naming my daughter Kimber.

#22 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.