new 1911 9mm with a few problems

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by kent, Apr 26, 2005.

1. kent

kent

recently got an armscor 1911 9mm in commander lenght for ccw project.

got a few quibble though, the rear sight which is a novak knockoff was installen too deep into the slide (factory sight of armscor for this model), hence one tends to shoot low, i've had it shot by a few folks and same result (so it's not me).
    there is a simple solution to this, that is i cut the front sight down.

the second problem is more annoying, the spent case ejects vertically up and lands right down on my forehead.
    when i went out the first time with this pistol the range offices was peeved since i kept shouting "aray' after every shot.
    not telling him the cause of my expletives i lent him the gun to test, after his first shot he shouted "aray, put*** in*" and staggered.

how do i solve this ejection problem??

2. homer_m

homer_m

if it doesn't have an extended ejector get one. but before you do that bring it first to a gunsmith, your ejector may need some filing to a different angle.:)

3. vega

vega

It's hard to explain the filing in both Eglish and Tagalog pero madali lang gawin yan. Gagawan mo siya ng angle na medyo nakaharap sa ejection port.

The front sight should be done slowly, it's a long process but you don't want to take out too much. Ask Oliver.

vega

4. 9MX

9MX Rei!

This is a job for.............Mcolikot and his dancing dremel! Tadadada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1;f

5. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

6. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Kung yung basyo pumupunta sa ulo ko, I just cant my head slightly sideways para 'di ako tamaan. ;f

Seriously, try using a shok buff muna. That's the easiest fix if your gun runs with it. ;) Widebody ba yan o singlestack?

7. kent

kent

single stack po,

shok buff? isn't this to reduce recoil??

uh-oh, i've already dremeled my front sight, then used the buffing wheel to clean it, then whole process last for 5 minutes.....

gonna try post some pics later tonight.

8. kent

kent

[​IMG]

the magwell on the armscor was installed by me using bastard file to hack it into the requisite size and measurement.

9. kent

kent

10. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

good looking pair! .40 yung hi-cap?

11. kent

kent

Eye Cutter,

opo, .40 cal hi-cap, caspian (the jet) upper, stryer lower, schumann compensated (6 holes) barrel.
    parang mali nga eh, the plastic of this SVI feels cheap and weak, masakit sa bulsa pagisipin,

12. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Ay, commander pala SS mo. So shok buff may cause more problems. Try to check na lang your extractor tension and adjust it kung mahina. And since marunong ka ng gumamit ng bastard file ;f pede mo kikilin yung ejector habang nasa range to change the extraction direction. ;) File a little at a time.

13. jasonub

jasonub

not if its original. mine has shot 18000+. 12t from october last last year to october last year and 6+t from oct last year to today.

i hope you got an orig sv frame since sv cancelled franchise with jetro when he was discovered to make fake frames. ditto with slide and barrel. If your frame stards with 586 then your ok

14. kent

kent

the upper frame is original, yung plastic part lang ang medyo di ko tiwala, andali magasgas, prang malambot sya, meron ba fake na lower frame?

diba the frame is 2 piece, metal sa taas (yung nakalapat pa slide) and plastic (mine's definitely not polycarbonate nor fiberglass)hand grip.
    ang alam ko may fake na upper frame,

:( :soap:

15. jasonub

jasonub

wala naman ata fake plastic grips. forget about it its tougher than most think. i have replaced 2 mainspring housings from numerous reloads dri and live fire (napudpod when magazine hits it)but never replaced a grip before. i even undercut my grip with a dremel.

dont worry about it.

how come wala na sv logo mo and why do you have an sti trigger? wala ba kasma trigger frame mo nuun?

16. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

jason, i've seen a lot of fake sti, svi and sps plastic frames and grips. looks very similar to the original. nakaka-tempt nga kunin and gawing project gun

17. kent

kent

embossed po ung logo, dun sa grip wala color (is there supposed to be color on the logo?

tinira ata ng gunsmith yung trigger, i don't know, i don't recall.

oh, and the sear spring is generic,

18. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

dre, 'di kaya pang glock yang grip mo? ;f

Seriously, wag mo na lang masyado isipin yan, nabili mo na eh. Iputok ng iputok mo na lang at as long as reliable yan, mag-i improve pa rin skills mo nyan. ;)

19. jasonub

jasonub

OMG nafafake din ang plastic grips? bad trip yan baka mabiak!

kent. All sv logos on plastic grips should not be embossed. sti lang embossed. sv its a steel plate.

check this out click on the pictures to get more svi guns

WHAT Is the first 3 numbers on your frame? does the frame have toolmarks or all smooth?SVI GUNS

20. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Ported barrel? Kent, you can slap on a electronic dot sight and use it in modified division. Get the Docter sight so that you don't have to chop down the frame and slide in order to fit the box.