New 19.5 oddity

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by AZVET, Aug 8, 2018.

1. AZVET

AZVET

I bought a new Blue Label 19.5 today and I noticed that it has the 34 type slide lock/release with the little bump on it, not like the standard flat one. Blue Label Glocks are separate inventory items at dealers and I was wondering if that slide lock is the norm for Blue Label Glocks. I like the little bump

2. joeG26er

joeG26er Millennium Number 1143 Millennium Member

I’m Waiting for the mos gen5 g19

3. L-2

L-2

The Gen5 Glocks will all have the one & only SLIDE LOCK (P/N 33706).

The G19Gen5 should come with a standard ambi SLIDE STOP (P/N 33989).

The G34Gen5 should come with the extended ambi SLIDE STOP (P/N 47249).

If your G19Gen5 came with the extended ambi slide stop, I suspect either the factory made an error or someone at the FFL swapped it out for some reason.

My "Blue Label" G19Gen5 came with the standard ambi slide stop #33989. I put on the extended ambi slide stop. I find little/no difference in feel or in manipulation between the two versions.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  4. McHale

McHale

I spoke to Glock last week about something similar and they said that Blue label guns will often (sometimes?) be different than standard consumer models. For example, the Blue label Glock 34.5 has the 5.5 lb connector (instead of the standard 4.5) and regular plastic sights (instead of the adjustable rear sight). They may have ordered that 19.5 that way.

My 19.5 is a consumer model and has the normal flat slide stop. I ordered a couple extended slide stops - one for my 19.5 and another for the 17.5 I plan on ordering soon. I like 'em.

5. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

I’ve seen a few now at the Office and all had the normal slide stop. Does not surprise me though, Departments can select little changes on big orders. Missouri State Highway Patrol used to have thier Glock 22’s shipped with the (at the time called) 3.5 connector and olive NY trigger spring.

Yours likely got assembled for an order then separated from the herd or they just overran the order and set it aside with the other blue label shipments.

6. MikeG36

MikeG36 Have Gun Will Travel

The 19M comes with the extended slide stop levers. 19-5 standard levers. Blue label does not an M make.

7. AZVET

AZVET

Seriously? A little bold to tell me I dont know what came on my New Gen 5 19 and its not a Blue Label Glock.

AdamRodgers likes this.
  8. MikeG36

MikeG36 Have Gun Will Travel

I'm not saying your 19-5 isn't a Blue Label Glock or that you didn't receive it that way. Just pointing out that normally the 19-5 weather Blue Label or not, comes with the standard slide stop lever. The 19M as spec'd by the FBI comes with the extended SSL. I've heard of cases where Glocks leave the factory with nonstandard accessories installed like yours apparently did.
    I didn't mean to insult you - sorry you took it that way.

Lawdog3 likes this.
  9. AZVET

AZVET

None taken! I'm an old fart with a thick skin

10. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Staff Member Moderator

Does the box label say anything about the slide stop?
    If it was a part added at the factory due to a special order, it will usually be noted on the label.

11. AZVET

AZVET

Nope, nothing different except its Blue, as in Blue Label! It sold me on the feel of the extended stop. Might put one on my other Glocks

DJ Niner likes this.