New 17M on GB

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by glockhoarder, Aug 17, 2019.

1. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Indeed. Was thinking the same thing.

Wonder when the Lipsey's 47s will show up...

58sniper likes this.
  2. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

The Glock employee 17Ms were red label and didn't have the DLC internals. Their 19Ms were blue label and did. I was told that only the FBI ordered the DLC internals and that the PDs who ordered Ms did not. I see that the ones that Liplsey's has list the DLC coating. I wonder if they are red or blue label guns. We have to find out more about these this week. Really surprised.

3. triaxle

triaxle

I see FBI guns that are blue label , red label some M guns have ex slide lock some do not . Whats up with this Liplsey`s M gun A dealer I go to up the road is on there list . They are closed on Monday`s will check on Tues .

4. triaxle

triaxle

I don`t think they would only have a few that would have gone to Glock employees . I would think they could just get one pulled when ever they can buy one .

5. Pete perfection

Pete perfection

Why not just call lipseys and ask?

6. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

The 19M still claimed a premium on GB today. Wardz, if you’re on here PM me. I know a guy, who knows a guy with a NIB 19M.

[​IMG]

glockhoarder and Jayman28 like this.
  7. triaxle

triaxle

M guns clean house .

8. knifeman32

knifeman32

Lipsey's typically won't release guns to dealers that have blue labels. Even with contract over run guns that were originally blue label guns. I've had guns shipped to me on several occasions in which they were released to lipsey's with blue labels and mistakenly sent to me with blue labels as well. They immediately sent me red labels to replace the blue labels.

With that being said, I can find out whatever you would like to know. Just send me the specific questions that you would like for me to ask and I'll send them as soon as I can. I'm currently out of town and don't have great internet access or cell signal but I'm really tight with my rep. We're friends outside of the business and have been for years. I also know some of the higher level lipsey's employees somewhat well. So I should be able to get all the info you want.

Mr Meeseeks and glockhoarder like this.
  9. triaxle

triaxle

The gun shop right over the ridge from me is on Lipsey`s dealer list , he called and was told the M gun was on order from Glock for a good while and he had no idea ????. As soon as my guy would get he will call me ????????????

glockhoarder likes this.
  10. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

It would be interesting to see if and when these materialize and how many.

11. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

Thank you!

glockhoarder likes this.
  12. knifeman32

knifeman32

I'm going to post this here but I am going to withdraw names and titles so I don't get anyone in trouble, just in case some sort of confidentiality is expected between glock and lipseys.

Alright, I think I have most of the answers to the questions that @glockhoarder wanted me to ask.

*EDIT*

Sorry guys. I've been asked to take the post down. I was a bit hesitant to post this in the open forum in the first place simply because I didn't want to get anyone in trouble.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  13. trozau

trozau troy ounce gold

Knifeman32, thanks for posting the info. This will greatly affect the current collectibility premium on the 17Ms & 19Ms.

glockhoarder likes this.
  14. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Wow!!

If this comes to fruition as they are telling you I completely agree that the collector premium these will evaporate.

It will be interesting to see if this all comes to pass.

One thing's for sure if it does I will definitely get a 19M as a shooter because I really really like this set up.

Knifeman thanks very much for the info!!

I should have asked this to at the time but did they happen to mention whether these will have the DLC coated internals or not?

15. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

To add....

This really tempers how aggressively I will try to pursue a 47. I'm thinking if the agents issued 47s really like them that a few years after they are first released lipsey's will be selling them to.

Now where is my 46??

16. 58sniper

58sniper

Interesting to note that the first one is a white label gun, and the second is red label.

17. 58sniper

58sniper

Also, M guns come with Ameriglo Agent night sights by default. Commercial guns come with either polymer or Ameriglo Bold night sights.

Jayman28 and glockhoarder like this.
  18. JWG_34

JWG_34 TeamCarverMount

From what I'm finding and reading online, researching the 17M It looks like the 17M was the predecessor of the Gen5 Glocks, It was developed first(17M)! From what I have found out the first 17Ms had problems and after changes ,We have the Gen 5 Glocks. But the 17M was still produced for the FBI with the enhancements!

Borg Warner likes this.
  19. triaxle

triaxle

What problems ?????

20. 58sniper

58sniper

That's **REALLY** old news. There was an issue with the slide lock not holding the slides in place. It was quickly resolved.