Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Who does she look like?

Reactions: mt920 and Rabbi

·
Mentally Frozen
25,891 Posts
They say it's the first time s "non-white" has been depicted as Lady Liberty. How can you tell by looking at a coin?
The lips.

Reactions: ronj1

·
Registered
31,162 Posts
I don't get the reason for making it $100 face value if it's still only one ounce of gold. Is it just because it has to have a different face value from the regular $20 one?

·
Mentally Frozen
25,891 Posts
th.jpg

·
Registered
31,162 Posts
I believe I also heard some woman connected with the Treasury say they have plans to use Asians, American Indians and other ethnic backgrounds to depict Lady Liberty.

To a conservative, political correctness is a terrible thing.
Liberty is just for white people?

Anyway, I guess most people don't realize the Saint-Gaudens double eagle Lady Liberty was modeled by an African-American, Hettie Anderson.

·
NRA Life Member
28,703 Posts
Don't confuse us with the facts.

·
l'Italia s'è desta
7,435 Posts
Never mind. Just found link.

Numismatically speaking, it is one of the most beautifully executed coins I've seen in a long while. If the end product looks this good, I'm ordering one.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,915 Posts
Rosa Parks must have already been on some sort of gold coin, right?

·
"Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"
28,084 Posts
Talk about government waste, why does the government make coins like this that no one will use. Same goes for the gold colored dollar coins and the new quarters have different engravings on the back since the have covered all 50 states. The gold colored dollar coins have to be ask for at the bank since they keep them in the vault. Seems to me the mint employes a whole lot of expensive employees to dream up coins no one uses.

Reactions: Caver 60
1 - 20 of 103 Posts