close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

NEVER TRUST or BUY from colt-collector

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by Glocktex, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glocktex

Glocktex

This is way too long of a story to go into. Oh where to start? I'll just give you some of the many lies from this individual.

1. When I was reviewing the pics of the gun he sent to me, it appeared to have some marks on the trigger guard and frame. When I asked him about it he said there were no marks on the gun and "It must have been the pic." I thought ok great!

2. He told me he would ship the gun I purchased immediately upon recieving my MO. He waited three days to ship the gun and then sent it ground.

3. I told him he needed to send a copy of his driver's license with the gun so my FFL would have a record of who shipped the gun. He said no problem. When the gun arrived to my FFL. Big surprise, no license. He has had numerous emails and phone calls from me. None of which he has responded to! FFL won't release the gun until the driver's license is sent.

4. Went to look at the gun. The marks I saw on the pic were indeed scratched and areas where the finish had been removed. Again he lied. See #1 above.

I thought I was dealing with a responsible, honest and trustworthy adult who claims he has 'sold lots of guns before'. I could not have been more wrong.

As a courteous gesture to him I won't disclose his name or phone number.

STAY AWAY from him!!!

2. Glocktex

Glocktex

3. TxCZshooter

TxCZshooter Safe Sex!

I take it you still don't have your gun?

4. Glocktex

Glocktex

Best of luck to everyone if you choose to.

5. JLarsson

JLarsson Livin' FREE!!!

No help to you now, but I always ask for a scan of the DL that I can print out and take to my FFL if necessary. If a person won't do that, then the deal's off.

6. five-0

five-0

Yeah, I got "bit" by colt-collector , too.
    I wish I had seen this thread BEFORE doing business with him.

7. Glocktex

Glocktex

I am sorry to hear that! I have IM'd some people who have tried to buy soem things from him to warn them. I guess we can keep this post near the top to help other from getting in trouble from this non honest individual :upeyes:

8. billy396

billy396

I'm real sorry that you guys had trouble with your transactions with colt_collector. I did meet FTF and buy a Ruger .45 from him and everything was smooth and as advertised. The gun looks and shoots great. I can't address why he would mis-represent the gun you bought. I don't know why he would refuse to send you a copy of his DL if he agreed to do so. I, personally, would be hesitant to send anyone a copy of my DL. That's one reason among many why I prefer to deal FTF. That way there can be no misunderstandings as to exactly what type of transaction is occuring. If I had seen your warning before I met with him, I would have asked him what happened. All I can say for sure is the guy sold me a nice Ruger .45 at a reasonable price.

9. Glocktex

Glocktex

I was requesting that he sent his license to the gun shop to which he shipped the gun to. I didn't want his license. The gun shop needed it before they would release the gun. I would exercise extreme caution before dealing with him. I'm glad yours went well!

10. Glocktex

Glocktex

What the heck will give this a thursday bump for me and my friend five-O !

11. voodoomanx

voodoomanx Large Member

I didn't realize the FFL need a DL to release a gun. Does this vary by state? Seems odd to me. I would think all the FFL would need is the gun's S/N and my ID.

12. deadday

deadday

So what is the status on your weapon Tex? Did the shop release it to you?

drew

13. glock281

glock281

Nope they have to have info on who the weapon came from. either FFL or DL (My ffl will only receive from other FFLs so this doesn't happen. makes be lose some deals but I have no worries on my end.)

14. five-0

five-0

They have to have the info, but it's not a law that the receiving FFL needs a photocopy of the seller's DL...some FFLs just make it their policy (same as some FFLs receiving only from other FFLs...not law, just their policy).
    I rarely have an FFL ever require a photcopy of my DL when doing a transfer for one of my sales.

However, as Glocktex found out, it's a major pain when you agree to a deal and all the elements of the deal are not adheared to by a cheat of a seller. :upeyes:

15. Glocktex

Glocktex

16. cnyankee

cnyankee

im new to this board but another board i belong to everyone has an itrader number which is for feedback on transactions much like ebays feedback. that way after a couple of bad feedbacks people pretty much stop doing business with them.
    FTF transactions are pretty safe but transactions that are shipped is a gamble.
    just my .02

17. jbylake

jbylake

Your .02 could be worth big $$$ to someone who's been burned a couple of times....

:faint:

j.

18. deadday

deadday

I do believe this version of VB has an option set up to leave trader comments on the members....Several cigar boards I'm involved in have these options where you leave pos, neg., or neutral, ratings, and can leave comments as well to quantify the rating. Maybe Eric could set this up here?

drew

19. Glocktex

Glocktex

Just a friendly bump to prevent a heartache :cool:

20. Glocktex

Glocktex

Keeping it alive!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.