Never-Trumper Loses comeback attempt in Minnesota

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Aug 15, 2018.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"Pawlenty, who called Trump 'unfit and unhinged,' derailed in comeback attempt in Minnesota; battle lines drawn in Connecticut

Tim Pawlenty -- who briefly ran for president in 2012 and had derided President Trump as "unhinged" -- was denied in his effort to stage a political comeback and become Minnesota’s governor again in the race to replace Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton.

County Commissioner Jeff Johnson won in Tuesday's Minnesota GOP gubernatorial primary despite Pawlenty's enormous fundraising and name recognition advantages. He also won despite his own history as the party's losing candidate for governor four years ago.

Pawlenty joins several other prominent Republicans -- including Reps. Martha Roby and Mark Sanford, as well as Sens. Jeff Flake and Bob Corker -- who have recently suffered major political consequences, at least in part, for opposing Trump.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...nesota-battle-lines-drawn-in-connecticut.html "

Poor, poor Never-Trumpers.

2. Victor Dubya

Victor Dubya The Kindly Curmudgeon

Good, that's what they get for breaking Ronald Reagan's 11th commandment. Some Republicans just never learn. So frustrating how they'll eat their own.

frankemp and DonGlock26 like this.

3. fastbolt

fastbolt

It's somewhat reassuring that so many dem and repub politicians have been facing closer examination by voters. It's about time.

happyguy and hogship like this.
  4. Tahmail

Tahmail

5. fastbolt

fastbolt

Well, that ought to be embarrassing for someone, and more so if they don't realize it. Weird ...

Bish1309 likes this.
  6. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

He's the ONLY reason I noted in the primary yesterday. To keep that RINO off the ticket. Glad I did,

Ramjet38 likes this.
  7. Bish1309

Bish1309

This has got to be the dumbest thing I've seen today and I've been looking.

hogship likes this.