Never Trumper Doxxes MAGA Nuns Seen at Trump Ohio Rally

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by pipedreams, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

This country needs to have justifiable ass whoopings.

Glock17193643 and Jade Falcon like this.
  2. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

LMAO, you think it's about filing a false police report? Wrong. In many states, it's a felony offense because it's incredibly dangerous. You are crazy if you think someone who SWATs another person is just out for a fine and a slap on the wrist. Just in the past 5 years, there have been several high-profile cases of people getting seriously hurt or killed when a SWAT team kicks in their door because some idiot online doesn't like them.

So, how is Swatting any different than Doxing a person? It's not. Freedom of speech does not protect against the threat of violence, which is exactly what this clown was doing when he posted these women's personal information.

This is the statement of a fool. And I challenge you to take yourself to Portland and handout "Trump2020" cards with your address on it, and find out what happens. Then we'll see if you feel threatened or not when they show up to burn your house down at 2 AM.

Firstly, I highly doubt that blog would post personal information about a high school QB. Secondly, you are going to compare a local football blog posting a story about a star QB to that of a CEO with a major social media following who deliberately posts personal information about people he doesn't like for the purposes of getting them doxxed?

And I'M the one that needs to keep thinking?

Wrong. It's you, Harl. You are either completely out of touch with reality, or purposely being disingenuous about just how dangerous this stuff really is. Which is it?

3. Sharkey

Sharkey

I would go a bit further and say a dirt nap but well I am just tired of all the whiners and complainers.

IF you are gonna hate on someone strictly because they want someone you disagree with for POTUS you probably shouldn't be breathing air and wasting it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Bish1309 and Jade Falcon like this.
  4. PrescottGlock

PrescottGlock

My point, stated pretty plainly in my original post, was that the posts on Twitter and Facebook, with a reach of billions, would basically eliminate the garbage if all had to post under their real names.

Fake names on message boards are not a problem as far as I can tell. If GT reached millions, I would certainly reconsider the point.

5. HarlDane

HarlDane

Have you even read what I have posted? You continue to conflate posting someone's identity with making threats. Those are two separate actions. One is legal, one is not.

That someone could use legally posted personal information to help them commit a crime does not make the posting of that information illegal.

Picture, name, school, town are all commonly reported. What else do you need to identify someone? I watch a number of HS recruiting websites for college football, there are complete bios on thousands of players.

Yes, I compare them because it's the same damn thing. Posting "That's Sister Mary and Sister Louise from Sacred Heart" is no different than posting "That's Sam Smith from Union HS". It doesn't matter how many people saw the post, or who made the post. That you think being a "CEO with a major social media following" has anything to do with this legally shows how much you misunderstand the issue.

On that, I was likely wrong. I don't think any continued thinking on your part will help.

All that said, please, give us a quick summary of your proposed law. What information should it be illegal to post on the internet?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  6. HarlDane

HarlDane

Facebook is a message board, the user interface is a little different, but there isn't much difference. legally speaking, between posting on GT and posting on FB and Twitter.

7. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

The President could always just direct the Sec of Homeland Security to assign Secret Service protection for them.

8. ThatGuyYouKnow

ThatGuyYouKnow Custom Title Goes Here

Yup. That doosh is a total piece of ****.

Officer's Match likes this.
  9. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

As are the asshats that defend the POS.

ThatGuyYouKnow likes this.