close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Never say never, Glock style

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HauntedAlabama, Feb 27, 2010.

1. HauntedAlabama

HauntedAlabama

I did something today I said I would never do. I bought a 9MM Glock, a Gen 4 17 to be exact. Over the course of my life I have said I would never buy a Glock, that changed. Said I would never buy another Glock, that changed. I really never figured to buy a 9MM Glock at all, but I want to shoot GSSF and I want my wife to do so as well so I made the plunge and got one today with my GSSF discount. Not a 9MM hater here, just not my favorite caliber. It is cheap to shoot so that was one of my main things, I need lots of practice! I am pretty excited to try it out actually. Not sure where all the Gen 4 hate is coming from, it is pretty neat in my opinion. Just wanted to share!

2. crushproof

crushproof

congrats on the gun :)

3. Fan45acp

Fan45acp

I thank the gen.4 are very nice weapons. Now get some 10-8 sights on that gun and go wear it out..

4. buzzkill

buzzkill

I also once told myself (and friends) that "I would never buy a Glock", and in the past year I bought three (G23,G27,G29).
    My 27 is now my carry piece and I am going to be getting the 26 and 19 soon.
    Funny how thats works.......

5. Mattyd

Mattyd

I swore them off for years...bought my first a month or so ago and really have been converted.

6. CharlestonG26

CharlestonG26

Same here. It took me years before I was willing to try a Glock. I now own 5 (2 G26s, a G19, a G23, and a G27). IMO, the G26 and G27 are among the best concealed-carry handguns on the market.

7. Bruce M

Bruce M

Congratulations. I avoided Glocks for a long time but I got a 26 a few months back as it is on the approved list. I think its a great value.

8. arffdog875

arffdog875

Congrats on the new Glock! I too swore I would never buy a "plastic" gun, but since then I either traded or my ex sold my Sig's, S&W's and others! Bought my first Glock a G23 and have never looked back...no more feed problems, no more guns that are picky "eaters" glocks eat everything!