close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Network unplugged?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by wrenrj1, Feb 20, 2006.

1. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

My wife has a laptop that, upon booting up asks you to select:

-Wireless
    -Network

A few days ago she was unable (and continues not to be able to) get into the internet wirelessly. Checking the network connections one of her connections says:

Broadocm 570X Gigabit INTGR..
    Network cable unplugged

The wireless modem is running ok. Upon boot up she no longer has the "Network" selection as well. Are these two things connected, and if so, how to get it plugged back in? Thanks.

2. Furant

Furant Millennium Member

Those three entries are probably hardware profiles. You can verify this by right-clicking on My Computer and selecting Properties. Within the Hardware tab, select the Hardware Profiles button. If they are hardware profiles, I have no idea why one would have disappeared without having been manually removed.

My guess is that the Broadcom Network adapter device was disabled within that hardware profile. Try opening up the device manager and ensuring that it's enabled (Right click My Computer>Manage>Device Manager>Network Adapters>Broadcomm..., Right-click>Enable).

If that doesn't work, try downloading and reinstalling the driver and perhaps the management applications from Dell.

Joey