Network error codes

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Hemmingway, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Hemmingway

Hemmingway DUUUUUUDE!!

What does this mean?

PSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network interfaces on the machine. This can be a potential security hazard to the machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as desired by the applied IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to further diagnose the problem.

And

The DHCP allocator has disabled itself on IP address 192.168.1.102, since the IP address is outside the 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 scope from which addresses are being allocated to DHCP clients. To enable the DHCP allocator on this IP address, please change the scope to include the IP address, or change the IP address to fall within the scope.

??

2. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Where did you get that error? What were you doing at the time?

Looks like you're using a firewall with a built in VPN and have not set it up right.

Looks like you wanted the inside of the firewall to distribute in the 192.168.1.x series but you left the default DHCP server built into it at the 192.168.0.x addressing.

DanH

3. Hemmingway

Hemmingway DUUUUUUDE!!

I looked up the windows reporting snap in for those error codes. I am trying to make a USB-ethernet converter unit work. Whenever I plug it in it tells me that there is limited or no connectivity, and then throws those error codes at me. The routers dhcp cannot assign addresses of 192.168.X, only 192.168.1.X. The DSL modem is 192.168.0.1.

The only other USB to ethernet converter I have will work for about 5-7 megs, then stop working. I have to unplug it and plug it back in. I can get 5-7 megs more, if that, and keep doing this until I am done with the net. Also, the router never send a single byte to the USB ethernet converter that throws those codes. It says packets sent, XX many, packets received, 0.

I am about to feed my laptop to my shotgun, and all the peripherals as well.