Netflix ? Who loves it? Who doesnt?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 9mmXRAY, Feb 28, 2010.

1. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

I have been a huge fan of netflix for a long time... Right now I have my Netflix streaming video through 2 Xbox 360's on my network and I also quite enjoy their 3 DVD/Bluray and unlimited streaming. I normally get Blurays but often I do get DVD's. I can go anywhere there is decent internet access and watch a movie or TV show. I also have 1 of my 3 disc membership being mailed directly to my neice in her name. She also has her own login to netlfix and list of movies.

Now some stuff hasn't been the best quality and my internet is business class but all in all I'm very satisfied and if a movie ever didn't work like Terminator 2 the sound was broken... it was fixed rather promptly. They also have a great customer review program and they often send emails asking how the picture or sound was of something you watched.

For Xmas I got my friend a month of Netflix with 1 DVD and he kept it because his kids LOVED the streaming to the 360. Now we can recommend movies to eachother from our accounts and also watch streaming movies over the 360 in a party.

2. RustySocket

RustySocket

I love it....

We do the same 3 disk plan and xbox streaming. When we travel I can take the disks and don't have to worry about getting them back by a deadline.

Plus, I do find I will watch a lot of movies I'd probably never rent... using the reccomended movie feature. Overall the algorithm works pretty good based on my ratings and preferences.

How are you able to send movies to a separate address?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010

3. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

Its the same address but I'm pretty sure if you call you can have a Junior members profile address changed but thats the only way to do it.

4. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

I have netflix and like it buy I am disappointed they do not offer all movies for streaming even for an price.

I like the selection of TV shows they have on streaming.

5. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Boom Shacka

IN the beginning it was good. I could do 3 DVD's in a week. ( I had the one at a time deal) It turned into one a week. Even tho I would return the DVD's to the store.

SO, I complained. I got no response. I did it 3 times. Nothing. SO, I canceled and haven't looked back. Don't miss the movies at all. I have other sources to watch what I want.

If it works for you. Then good. I was not streaming content tho. So, I was just dealing with DVD's.

6. BurkGlocker

BurkGlocker Texas Redneck

We're watching Netflix online right now. We've watched Howard the Duck, WALL-E and as of now, Mrs. Winterborn, today. I love Netflix, but hate when we forget to send back movies. We had movies for over three months that were packed away in boxes from when we moved to our current location, and just couldnt find them...

BG :patriot:

7. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

I use it for tv shows.
    Works ok.
    :supergrin:

8. captainkronosVH

captainkronosVH

I've had Netflix for a little over a year now. I like it and the customer service is excellent. Turn around time on the DVD's is amazing.

For their streaming service I use either a laptop, a desktop or my TV through a wireless Roku device. The Roku device itself works well but their customer service is the worst I've ever experienced. After 10 months the wireless part of the unit stopped working and it took 6 weeks, dozens of emails and many frustrating conservations with foreign based tech support idiots.They did finally send me a fixed unit but not until I threatened them with consumer advocacy. :steamed: The next time the unit takes a dump I'll probably by an Xbox just to stream movies. I don't play video games but netflix work very well on my sons unit.

9. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Like it. I have trouble remembering to bring the disks back upstairs to mail back to them. I'm a perfect customer. I'm down to about 30 movies a year. LOL

Streaming to the PS3 is nice. I need to add more streaming movies, tho.

10. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Love it. We do the one disc at a time with unlimited on line. My wife and I love old and obscure movies. things that are fun to watch once but would never purchase.

11. scwine

scwine ^%(#@$^!!!!!!!

Looking to upgrade my home theater system....Does netflix have blu-ray quality streaming??? Which player to use?

12. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

it works alright, but in some cases they just dont put a single movie in a series on the instant movie selection, or in some cases, single episodes of show's wont be on there,

the quality is washy at times, but that could just be my cable connection,

also dont like how it exits the show when its adjusting quality, doesnt seem like it would be too hard to just have it be seamless,

when i lived in the dorms at college, they could not for the life of them get my dvd to me within 2 weeks, my room mate got his over night , i canceled it then till i got my own apartment,

now they are fairly quick, within a day or two,

13. djpuffnstuff

djpuffnstuff

2 disk + Xbox Streaming = I don't have do go to blockbuster anymore.

14. BEER

BEER bad example

i like it. i used to use it for the hard copy new movies like a normal person, but then i got impatient and now i keep the single movie plan just in case there's something i want to see that's not available on their streaming service.

p.s. skip "the girl next door", that is a seriously twisted and disturbing movie.

15. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

No not yet but some stuff like newer movies is offered in HD if it detects your devices are capable of converting. I've seen some laptops that wouldn't start a movie in HD that my 360 would.

My only single streaming complaint would be "Subtitles" !!!!! They arent ready for that yet... and they just did add the party features and sony finally agreed to be nice about it all and join up so now PS3 is compatible with a Disc you must play in your PS3 to make netflix work... so thats why now there is more better movies because Sony owned alot of stuff that they didnt wanna share with netflix and Microsoft...

16. shavedape

shavedape

Love Netflix. Amazing turn around time and pretty good customer service if there's ever been a problem like a cracked disc. They always shoot me off a new disc right away without waiting for me to return the bad one. Can't wait to do the streaming stuff soon.

17. hkbf150

hkbf150

p.s. skip "the girl next door", that is a seriously twisted and disturbing movie.

You aint kidding, but wasn't it based on true events or something?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  18. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I think it's great.

Since I don't have (or want) cable, I especially like that I can get the cable series shows, like Leverage, which I'll be watching in a couple minutes.

19. mad.gunsmith

mad.gunsmith NRA and GSSF Life Member

I have been costumer of netflix from the beginning they rented by the movie just like any video store then they change to plans
    Switched to blockbuster for a wile but cancel because of the over priced and went back to netflix and I do love it

20. BEER

BEER bad example

yeah but so was "the texas chainsaw massacre", "the silence of the lambs", and "psycho". they were all very LOOSELY based one 1 true story, the story of ed gein. so i don't hold much faith in the whole "based on a true story" tag.