close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Netflix removing tv shows from instant, Lost ?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by harleyfx69, Jan 24, 2012.

1. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

Lost is no longer in my instant que.. middle of watching it..

i googled it and it has happened before apparently due to licensing issues, but this time its available on dvd, so if i sign up and pay another 8 bucks a month to them i can get one lost dvd at a time..

is this temporary as they are waiting for licenses ? or is it just a play to get more money..

If it is netflix is gone at the end of this month, id just as soon buy the dvd's off ebay and let netfix go screw themselves

2. jhall

jhall

Lost went to Hulu. Or, rather, the entire series is now on Hulu. I assume when that happened Netflix lost it.

We have both, and can usually find the show we want to watch on one or the other.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012

3. SCHADENFREUDE

SCHADENFREUDE

Netflix is moving closer to being pets.com everyday. Go spend the money on Amazon Prime. Their content increases weekly while Netflix's plays games. And this comes from a netflix customer and stockholder.

4. Oso

Oso

It does have to do with licensing and contracts. The same thing happened to me while I was watching Dexter on Netflix. Apparently Showtime renegotiated its contract and pulled it from Netflix along with a few others. As much as it feels like it, I'm sure Netflix did not cancel your show just to screw you. They probably would have like to have kept it, if it was financially worth it. Like all other businesses, Netflix is there to make money.

You could simply cancel your subscription if that show was the only reason you use Netflix, but unless you tell them in a letter or email, how do they know why you dropped them? If they get enough complaints maybe they will renegotiate to start showing it in instant queue again.

5. benji

benji

I've seen lots of shows come and go and come back again. We were in LOST and it went away, so we started watching it on Hulu Plus, then it came back to Netflix before we finished so we went back to watching it there.

6. ronin.45

ronin.45

A few friends recommended I watch Veronica Mars. I watched 63 episodes on Netflix and then it disappeared before I could watch the last 2. I was not happy.

7. rahrah12

rahrah12

Shows/movies rotate on and off of Netflix...unless you read something that says that show specifically is gone you will just have to wait until it rotates back on...

Fortunately it hasn't happened to me in the middle of a show but I can see how that would piss me off...

8. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

I have seen before they give a "going away date" but nothing of the sort for lost..

Only thing i noticed season 2 episode 12 was "unavailable" as they improve content streaming or some thing like that, episode 13 was available, but id idnt want to go out of order,

Then today its gone completely, moved over to their DVD side of things and of course i can have the dvd if i get charged twice what i am already paying to add their dvd service again..

9. CU4X4N

CU4X4N 5th of November

???

It's still available instantly for me. All the episodes.

:dunno:

Edit: Don't believe everything you read. It may say "Lost is not available to watch instantly" but if you click on "play" it starts with Season 1 Episode 1. And then if you click on "more episodes" they are all available.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  10. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

They are back now, for a day or two they were gone though, moved over to dvd side, must have been licensing issue again