GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many years ago my husband's mother would make duck soup using an old recipe handed down in her family. My husband says he loved his mother's duck soup. All he remembers is it was Delicious.

I would like to make some Polish Duck Soup for him. There are recipes on the internet and cookbooks I have. They are not what he remembers. His mother's duck soup had prunes, prune juice, vinegar. And it was purple.

Unfortunately his parents are long gone and his mother did not write down family recipes. All he remembers is that the soup was cooked on a large pot on the stove top and it was delicious.
My husband is a very special man, and I would very much like to make some Polish Duck Soup for him. Can you help me with a recipe?

·
Lean & Mean
15,383 Posts
I will see what I can find. Honestly, it's the first time I've heard about such soup. It may be the North American version, but give me couple of hours. My computer is down due to the huge update.

·
Registered
CLM #38
10,290 Posts

·
Lean & Mean
15,383 Posts
Reactions: Fred Hansen

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
his mother and her family were from Krakow, or in the Krakow area. They came to US when she was small child, became citizens.
I was not privileged to know my husband's parents. He says his mother, father too, was a great cook.
thank you for helping

I will see what I can find. Honestly, it's the first time I've heard about such soup. It may be the North American version, but give me couple of hours. My computer is down due to the huge update.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you all, I copied all the recipes and will be searching stores for duck and duck blood. Hubby says he remembers fruits, apples prunes in soup and served over his mothers homemade noodles. He remembers the soup was dark purple and delicious.
again, thank you all for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts