Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
White and nerdy
12,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"In the main analysis, there was no significant association between hydroxychloroquine use and intubation or death (hazard ratio, 1.04, 95% confidence interval, 0.82 to 1.32). Results were similar in multiple sensitivity analyses."

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2012410?query=main_nav_lg

Similar results were found from a retrospective study of veterans (which has not yet been peer reviewed):

"In this study, we found no evidence that use of hydroxychloroquine, either with or without azithromycin, reduced the risk of mechanical ventilation in patients hospitalized with Covid-19. An association of increased overall mortality was identified in patients treated with hydroxychloroquine alone. These findings highlight the importance of awaiting the results of ongoing prospective, randomized, controlled studies before widespread adoption of these drugs."

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.16.20065920v1.full.pdf

·
Registered
21,753 Posts
I would like to see them test hydroxychloroquine along with zinc.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I think we already knew that. Tamiflu doesn’t help when you are already hospitalized with the flu either. But it can really help if you get it early. Maybe HCQ helps before they have waiting to get hospitalized. A lot of damage has occurred by then. That is why turning people away without even a test back in March was not helpful to death rates.

·
Registered
21,753 Posts
IMO a key line in the article is: Hydroxychloroquine-treated patients were more severely ill at baseline than those who did not receive hydroxychloroquine.
That and they, as far as I know, have not coupled the hydroxy with zinc. It almost seems that they want the test to fail.

·
Registered
21,753 Posts
This should be interesting. I have not taken the time to view but Dr. Campbell cuts to the quick.

Does Hydroxychloroquine work?
View: https://youtu.be/1XCP1WzOY6M

Edited: Zinc was not even tried.

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
A peer reviewed paper published by the Virology Journal, the official publication of the NIH, at which time Fauci was the director of, shows that it was evident in 2005 that Chloroquine was effective at nuking the SARS coronavirus and stopping it from advancing to acute status. It claimed that this family of drugs acted not only as a treatment, but as a prophylactic.

We report, however, that chloroquine has strong antiviral effects on SARS-CoV infection of primate cells. These inhibitory effects are observed when the cells are treated with the drug either before or after exposure to the virus, suggesting both prophylactic and therapeutic advantage. In addition to the well-known functions of chloroquine such as elevations of endosomal pH, the drug appears to interfere with terminal glycosylation of the cellular receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2. This may negatively influence the virus-receptor binding and abrogate the infection, with further ramifications by the elevation of vesicular pH, resulting in the inhibition of infection and spread of SARS CoV at clinically admissible concentrations.

Conclusion

Chloroquine is effective in preventing the spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. Favorable inhibition of virus spread was observed when the cells were either treated with chloroquine prior to or after SARS CoV infection. In addition, the indirect immunofluorescence assay described herein represents a simple and rapid method for screening SARS-CoV antiviral compounds.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1232869/

From what I understand, drugs or compounds that act as antivirals are really only effective when used at the first sign of symptoms, early in the onset of the disease. If they wait til the person's blood, organs, and lungs are destroyed, the results are going to be dramatically different.

·
Registered
81,236 Posts
This should be interesting. I have not taken the time to view but Dr. Campbell cuts to the quick.

Does Hydroxychloroquine work?
View: https://youtu.be/1XCP1WzOY6M

Edited: Zinc was not even tried.
That study is garbage. HCQ was used on people who were much sicker than the people who were not given the drug.

"Hydroxychloroquine-treated patients were more severely ill at baseline than those who did not receive hydroxychloroquine (median ratio of partial pressure of arterial oxygen to the fraction of inspired oxygen, 223 vs. 360).

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2012410 "

·
Registered
21,753 Posts
That study is garbage. HCQ was used on people who were much sicker than the people who were not given the drug.

"Hydroxychloroquine-treated patients were more severely ill at baseline than those who did not receive hydroxychloroquine (median ratio of partial pressure of arterial oxygen to the fraction of inspired oxygen, 223 vs. 360).

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2012410 "
I posted the vid before watching it. Very disappointed in the manner in which it was conducted. Wait until a ventilator is needed before trying Hydroxy.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Big Pharma doesn't want the cheap method to be used... they have new "wonder drugs" that cost BIG BUCKS that they want to push... plenty of money for manufacturers, "medical organizations", lobbyists, and... yes... POLITICIANS. The "wonder" part is we WONDER why the new drugs are SO EXPENSIVE!

Of course, the Dems and the MSM jump on that "bandwagon" and put down the cheap drug because Trump supported it!

·
Caffeinator
6,013 Posts
IMO a key line in the article is: Hydroxychloroquine-treated patients were more severely ill at baseline than those who did not receive hydroxychloroquine.
This is an extremely important point. The ideal time for HCQ is in the early and middle phases of the illness.

On one hand, the studies might be using people in the late phases of illness due to liability concerns with using the drug in an "off label" manner (in other words, utilizing the drug as a "compassionate use" treatment). On the other hand, they might be using people in the late phases of illness as a means of arificially condemning HCQ.

·
Unmasked
5,570 Posts
Big Pharma doesn't want the cheap method to be used... they have new "wonder drugs" that cost BIG BUCKS that they want to push... plenty of money for manufacturers, "medical organizations", lobbyists, and... yes... POLITICIANS. The "wonder" part is we WONDER why the new drugs are SO EXPENSIVE!

Of course, the Dems and the MSM jump on that "bandwagon" and put down the cheap drug because Trump supported it!
Yes, Some will scream "conspiracy theory". But does it take getting hit in the head with a 2X4 before people can see things?

I think it is getting more and more obvious there is much more than meets the eye with this "crisis".

Reactions: mj9mm

·
Caffeinator
6,013 Posts

No money to be made on HCQ, but some people will profit greatly on the less effective Rhendisivir.

Reactions: redrick

·
Registered
43,667 Posts
Observational Study of Hydroxychloroquine in Hospitalized Patients with Covid-19

"Hydroxychloroquine-treated patients were more severely ill at baseline than those who did not receive hydroxychloroquine.
"

"Randomized, controlled trials of hydroxychloroquine in patients with Covid-19 are needed."

Well, I'm sure none of these facts will stop anyone who wants to put this "study" forth as evidence that hydroxychloroquine is useless..

Maybe it is useless, but this information isn't much help.

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
I posted the vid before watching it. Very disappointed in the manner in which it was conducted. Wait until a ventilator is needed before trying Hydroxy.
The way in which this situation has been managed with the availability of drugs that are so effective has been a joke. Now they want to come out and tell us that they don't work anyway......IF you wait til the person is ready to die that is in small print.

The efforts to mind **** the population of this country and the world are absolutely mind boggling. If TPTB has spent as much time trying to find a solution as they have trying to terrify and change the way people think we would have a whole lot less dead people due to this virus.

·
Registered
81,236 Posts

·
Registered
21,753 Posts
What I have read indicates that 80-90% of patients that go on ventilators end up dying. The ventilator patients are truly the sickest of the sick.
The reports that I have seen stated that Hydroxy and zinc should be administered early as possible, not waiting until the patient is at a near critical state.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts