Neighborhoods may not get Police protection

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Sgt127, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Ordell Robbie

Ordell Robbie Giant Member

Those same "civil rights activists" that are screaming racism and dog whistling about this are the same one that ***** and moan about the cops doing their jobs.

I'm one of those tinfoil hat wearing nut jobs that believes policing minority communities is being made harder by design. From what I"ve seen the last few years, it seems that escalation with police is not only encouraged but expected in minority communities.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019

2. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

"Let's bash the cops, throw water on them and destroy their patrol cars...but don't you dare take them out of our neighborhoods or the criminals will take over!"

3. knoxvegasdaddy

knoxvegasdaddy UBER VOL !!!

I believe the basic wish is “protect us from the hard core stuff, but leave us alone on the rest of it.”

Of course, having zero understanding that policing the small stuff is how you stop and prevent the big stuff.

The “Happy Medium” they seek won’t work. It’s ineffective, according to current LE policing strategies and practices, as I understand them.

AGF0526, TBO, Sam Spade and 4 others like this.
  4. knoxvegasdaddy

You can only pour milk on a guy so many times....then they’re either gonna beat your ass, or take the hint to go away for good.

AGF0526, TBO, nikerret and 2 others like this.
  5. Sgt127

Sgt127

TBO, GlockAndMan, UncleDave and 2 others like this.
  6. fastbolt

fastbolt

When some communities start getting the results their activists and protestors are demanding, they aren't going to be happy. Again.

Remember the anti-war slogan from the 60's, “Suppose they gave a War and Nobody Came”?

Suppose some people who hate the idea of police finally achieve their goals, and then when they call 911 nobody is left to come help?

Perhaps the AG's comments ought not be taken out of context and twisted into being perceived as some sort of a threat, but taken as a potential dire warning that some societal actions may have unfortunate consequences?

pgg00, 686 AR15 G17Fan, TBO and 8 others like this.
  7. knoxvegasdaddy

Exactly.

The folks who feel this is pointing at them are clutching their pearls, but for the wrong reason.

8. nmglock

nmglock

Let them police themselves and see how that works for them If it was up to me I would tell my officers to stay clear of the area-do not respond.

Rellik likes this.
  9. Sharkey

Sharkey

I was reading where FBI stats were saying violent crime was actually down this year like 4th lowest since 1970 (NRA publication) except in Dallas and probably other "urban"areas in the US.
    They actually had DPS troopers patrolling in S. Dallas because of the DPD shortage. You guessed it, the community complained about DPS Troopers patrolling in the hood.
    I will say Bad D is becoming SanFran'esque. I walked past my first human pile of chit on a downtown street 2 nights ago. A bit of bad timing since most of the Senior Leaders for our company were walking to a restaurant from a hotel.

10. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

I go for months without ever seeing a squad car in my neighborhood. Meanwhile in "certain" non tax paying parts of town they are on every block.

fla2760 and larry_minn like this.
  11. Mattz

Mattz

Dallas is a lost cause. Between them losing bodies faster than they can replace them, inept leadership that doesn't allow cops to do their jobs, city leadership that focuses more on removes statues than drive by shootings and a DA that is hands off on criminal activity. Dallas is the perfect storm of stupidity.

Sharkey likes this.
  12. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

Thanks a lot, Obama.

1bigK, kwo, Lagamor and 1 other person like this.
  13. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

14. Rellik

Rellik Kwisatz Haderach in Training

I have advocated this for years. Release the home phones of all the community activists, agitators, counselmen, preachers, and sorted sundry crybabies. Car stolen? Call the congressional black bigots. Get mugged? Call wacky maxie. Yo homey out poppin' his glock? Call black lies don't matter. Kid illiterate at 17? Call naacp.

15. fastbolt

fastbolt

16. knoxvegasdaddy

I agree completely. Especially when white Democratic politicians make that assumption.

Ronald Reagan called it “The soft tyranny of low expectations.”

17. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

While he certainly fanned the flames, he did not light the fire...this fire has been smoldering in our major urban cities for decades...we have been witnessing the "death of a thousand cuts"...as these areas descend into eventual chaos where only the gangs will enforce the laws...this is the main reason for "white flight"...no reasonable person ( regardless of race) wishes to live in such areas...sadly only those most affluent are able to flee..my sister lives in urban DC, but her neighborhood is mostly inhabited by affluent yuppies and retirees...none of the issues faced by the NYC Cops in the depicted video. As much as I hate to criticize my fellow officers, I think NYPD could use the video as a training tool and develop better tactics for this type of common encounter ( not common with it ending in a shooting, ) but this type of initial passive resistance, interference by onlookers, and another abject Taser Fail, are Very common, and training should evolve to counter these actions.

knoxvegasdaddy likes this.
  18. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Seems that for every person who walks to the front of the bus and takes a seat, there are 50,000 who want somebody to carry them to the front of the bus, move somebody else out of a seat, and place them in it.

knoxvegasdaddy, Rellik and Sgt127 like this.
  19. Sgt127

Sgt127

Or, simply expect to be handed the keys to the bus.

knoxvegasdaddy likes this.