Neighborhood excitement... crack house raid

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by thewitt, Oct 28, 2020.

1. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

If you see something, say something.

2. bdcochran

bdcochran

1. No more knocks on CA.
    2. My neighbor started dealing out of his house. A few times there was excitement.
    3. Then there finally came the day . . . . Young woman living with the owner tried to stuff the new born down the toilet. After the police showed up, I told the regular beat cop he should have a conversation with the estranged wife and tell her that the house was subject to be seized and forfeited. That worked! The estranged wife pressured, the house was sold, and the husband moved out.
    4. The normal stashing for the drug dealers is to find a security apartment building and rent a unit. The dealing dealers as neighbors are more dangerous.

3. ScarFace88

ScarFace88 NOT MOD APPROVED

And some of them are the children of high ranking politicians!

4. Tuner Sandwich

Tuner Sandwich

Similar thing happened in my neighborhood but a smaller operation.

Our police officers were on it before many of us were even aware, except maybe the nextdoor neighbors.

Similar situation. Home owned by a elderly person no longer living there, who's son then rented out rooms.

Otherwise, pretty quiet neighborhood. Except for the fugitive hiding at his girlfriend's parent's house ten years back. That ended in a joint task force, cross state lines, raid and a shoot out in the front yard.

Criminals taking advantage of the elderly seems to be a theme. It is an old neighborhood.

5. e150gt

e150gt

Hmmm. I have a bunch of old people in my hood. Worst I ever seen was my next door neigbors drunk and fighting in the front yard one night. Cops came out and hauled someone away. They've since rented the house out and I never see the occupants.

6. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    #damntheman

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

7. thewitt

thewitt

I sat outside eating lunch and watched the "movers" emptying out the place into the van. First van was filled and has driven away, and it seems they are waiting for the second one to arrive. They brought out lots of plastic boxes of "stuff" as well as a decent amount of furniture. It does look like they are cleaning out the entire house. Now they are staging things on the front lawn.

Still a number of cop cars and the forensic van, but a fire truck has joined in the fun. SWAT left a long time ago. The fire fighters are just hanging out, but one of them was inspecting a couch in great detail that is sitting on the front lawn. He was wearing a respirator as he pulled cushions off and seemed to be digging in the creases.

Very interesting stuff. I can only imagine what they are looking for or finding.

I called the owner - it's a rental company and not an individual - and they won't tell me anything other than their lawyer has been in contact with the police.

One neighbor who lives closer than I has been prevented from going home. It looks like they have actually evacuated several homes right around the target property as they let some cars drive away. This arriving neighbor argued with the officer at the roadblock for a few minutes before turning around and leaving as well.

I am enjoying one thing here... my leftist neighbor with the Biden/Harris sign on her lawn who suffers from severe TDS was one of those who were apparently evacuated. She and her family have been forced to "go somewhere else" for a while. It could not happen to a more deserving lady. I pity her husband for now being locked in a car with her though. They live directly across the street from the activities.

Caver 60, pgg00, Flags and 1 other person like this.
  8. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

I live in an end townhome. On one side is a farm field and the other used to be a drug dealer. My finely tuned former cop senses told me something was up with this guy as soon as he moved in. Several police visits/arrests later, he's now living somewhere else after I and other neighbors had enough and contacted the landlords.

Strange, a nice older Indian couple moved in next door now and I never hear a peep from them. Now if I could just get the neighborhood kids to stop playing in my culdesac :notlistening:

9. Russ Not the Mod

Russ Not the Mod

Betcha a hunnerd bucks it ain't reefer

10. Flags

Flags

The first time we discovered a meth house during a probation search was interesting. We had not had any training on the proper response yet. Me and 2 other Probation Officers showed up to search. When we discovered drugs we called the Sheriff's Office. When they arrived they called the Fire Department who showed up with masks, resperators and other stuff.
    We had already found several booby traps and a crapload of money and weapons when they arrived and kicked us out while they secured the place.
    We had gloves :freak:

Rotn1 likes this.
  11. Russ Not the Mod

Russ Not the Mod

Stay vigilant folks. If you see something, say something.
    Some day you and your family's life and well being may depend on it.

12. selogic

selogic

A black rap artist bought a house in a nice neighborhood in a suburb of Baton Rouge . The local Sheriff's SWAT team kicked the front door so many times they finally just screwed plywood over it . I think the dude ended up in prison for a while on murder charges .

13. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

The Police May try and prove the house's owner new of the drug dealing, if they can he will get a few slaps by the long arm of the law

14. GcB

GcB Can't type, don't spell, what's grammar.

This story made the local paper and just happened to go down one morning at a location I did property management.
    One of the condo unit owners at a local ski resort had a private contractor painting his place which was just two doors down from where we were doing a full remodel on another unit.
    The contractors daughter was doing the painting with another girl and as crazy as this seems now, those are the only two people we ever saw inside the unit.
    Unbeknownst to us or the owner, the daughter and friend had let a bunch of gang members from Massachusetts crash at the unit as a base for their drug dealing in the area during that time.
    The police obviously got wind of it because one morning state and local LE with an armored personnel carrier, a swat van, two chevy suburbans and eight or more marked cars staged on the place as our workday up there started.
    They fired so many tear gas canisters into the place you cried just walking past the place a month later if the wind was blowing and stiring up the pink powder that about covered the entire interior of the unit.
    Every window and some of the inside sheetrock walls had holes through them from gas canisters that were fired into the place front and back.
    They also tossed a bunch of flash bangs but never made tactical entry, but instead got on the bullhorn and told everyone to come out with hands up, you know the drill. Everyone who wasn’t now hiding in the attic or busy flushing drugs down the toilet happily came out of that mess.
    After all that the guys wearing gas masks went in and started rounding up the people who were hiding and hadn’t come out.
    The cops ripped the one toilet off the floor to get to the drugs being flushed which lead to a good bit of water damage on top of the rest of the mess.
    Two of the drug dealers broke through the sheetrock on the ceiling while trying to hide in the attic. They weren’t hard to find I’m guessing.
    In the end they found drugs, money and guns in the unit along with about 13 people of which they only actually arrested a few. Some of the others who weren’t on their list they eventually just sent on their way. So now you had one group leave by car and we saw 4 others on foot leaving the complex. We drove past them a couple times that morning and I’d swear these ****birds were looking up the driveways of these empty ski homes they were walking past like they were thinking of moving into another one.
    In the end our management company did the demo and cleanup though it really needed a hazmat team with respirators to do the initial part as the police just walked away leaving all kinds of drug packets and sharps all over the place. I think the estimates on damages to the unit were around $150,000 and last I’d heard neither the state police or the owners insurance company wanted to pay for it.
    We then watched the state police as they restaged their vehicles for the next raid which turned out to be just two towns away.

15. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

16. thewitt

thewitt

The house is owned by an investment company that buys homes for rentals all over the country. They own more than 30,000 rentals in NC - apartments, duplexes, multiple and single family homes.

17. Hef

Hef

Sometimes true, and sometimes not.

18. thewitt

thewitt

Everyone is gone this morning. The house is empty as well - not a stick of furniture visible through the windows...

I thought that part was very odd.

19. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    I am always amazed at what passes for entertainment for some folks.

treg and HALO51 like this.
  20. Wojo88

Wojo88

Was Hunter there?