close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Neighbor hoses you down...what would you have done?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Droid noob, Sep 30, 2012.

1. RimfireMan

RimfireMan

Heck, if my neighbor did sprayed me with a hose, I would go inside, and put on a swimsuit. Then, I would go back outside and taunt my neighbor until he started spraying me again. I would keep taunting him while running around the yard. Hey, if my neighbor wants to water my grass, Ill let him!

2. 9jeeps

9jeeps

We have several Dog loving Rent dodgers living in our area. The last one left three dogs and five cats and disappeared in the middle of the night. Pretty typical actually.... Plus one hell of a junk pile out side the doors and the yards.

At the first bark session... I go to the new neighbor and tell them I'm a property owner. They aren't.

If they don't control the noisy animal or abuse of it. I will take control of the situation through legal channels and they can pay the judge.

They have 24 hours to decide how they want to handle their noisy dog/animal/ behavioral problems. As I WILL file charges, immediately!

We have a Deputy Sheriff,,,, K-9 unit that lives six houses down and can also hear their noisy animals.... And he's on em like a chicken on a June Bug.

I don't and never have tolerated noisy neighbors and their animals. A few have learned this through their wallets.

IF you call the authorities it will help your cause if you do sign a complaint and follow it through. IF not. Take the crap and like it.

PS.... I've never in my life heard or seen a dog owner that can hear his own dogs bark and they get very defensive about.

IF you don't believe me read any Barking Dog thread on this forum....

3. Z71bill

Z71bill

Get video camera rolling - walk into the street in front of neighbor's house - when neighbor comes out to ask WTF are you doing - get 911 on the phone to get it on tape - YELL at the neighbor - saying things like

I am afraid for my life --

Stand back I have a gun --

I am just standing my ground --

I have the right to stand my ground --

I’m armed and my life is in danger --

I will use my firearm to defend myself --

Oh wait - that doesn't work so well after all - never mind..

4. paul45

paul45

Your brother and his dog is the problem.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  5. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

a constantly barking dog is one of the most annoying godam' things there is......

I don't have dogs, and i don't want to listen to them barking or crapping in my yard....your brother got what he deserved, and then some

and he is an elohssa (backwards) for letting his dog bark like that

edit: i posted about my former-neighbors pit bull several months ago.......its amazing what a good, heavy shovel can do to the skull and rib cage of a violent animal......

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  6. Droid noob

Droid noob

SLOW DOWN PEOPLE! All I said was he barks his head off. He's an inside dog. You'd thought I said he leaves his dog chained up 24/7 outside. I now know there's a dog problem in the US.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

7. Droid noob

Droid noob

Seen that done once..... Didn't work out so well lol.

8. Droid noob

Droid noob

Wow. Shut up. Added nothing to this thread

9. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

I would have gone inside and got the dog shampoo since he was wet anyway.Then ask the neighbor to rinse him off

10. Droid noob

Droid noob

Lol.

11. Droid noob

Droid noob

The dog isn't outside much at all as far as I know. The important issue is can hosing someone be worthy of a citation? I know a noise complaint could be issued for the dog. There are probably a bunch of situations like these that have gotten much worse by handling it themselves.

12. phil evans

phil evans

quiet dog then no problem.
    noise pollution can be very frustrating.
    neighbor needs to call next door each time the dog barks more than 15 seconds.
    tit for tat.

13. racerford

racerford

Does no one own a shovel and know how to shut?

14. Mrs.Cicero

Mrs.Cicero Wayward Member

doesn't really matter even if the dog is inside. My nearest neighbors are 100+ yards away and I can hear their beasts barking/howling every morning, even though they are inside, and so am I. Yes, they are that loud. It's okay with me only because they don't complain about my roosters. And I did ask them about that to make sure it wasn't an issue with them. Your brother needs to deal with his dog before he deals with his neighbor.

15. NorthCarolinaLiberty

NorthCarolinaLiberty MentalDefective

Your brother should have walked over with garden snippers and cut the guy's hose.:whistling:

16. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Either way, when your brother saw the situation reaching a frustration point so bad that the neighbor was actually barking back at his dog, he should have stepped in and quieted the dog. It's common courtesy when one's dog is barking its head off to shut it up or take it back inside before the water hoses come out.

17. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Locate his water shut off.
    Wait until 3AM.
    Turn off his water.
    Place a padlock on it.
    Go back to bed with a smile. :supergrin:

18. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Winner!!!

19. Dan_ntx

Dan_ntx

Control the dog, it's not difficult and there is a whole segment of the pet care industry devoted to it.

Go to the neighbor like a man and apologize for not controlling the dog and assure him that you will do a better job of it in the future, then extend your hand and wait for him to shake it and hopefully apologize for hosing you down out of frustration.

Move on with your life.

Taking Internet polls and posting "what would you do..." is a distraction and a waste of time. Just walk over to his door and make peace...the sooner the better. Even if he is a complete lunatic an apology and an effort to control the dog is in order.

Look into a collar called the barker breaker...it worked wonders for my wife's yippie dog and only emits an ultrasonic beep. Took 20 minutes for the dog to figure it out and now all I have to do is hang a red collar (it was red) on the back door knob and she is as quiet as a mouse. $9.95 well spent.

20. kindaclever1

kindaclever1

Tell your brother to get some weed and grass killer. Wait until about 3am and write out in big bold letters I LIKE ANAL on the neighbors front lawn with the grass killer. Oh and tell him to get that dog under control. Otherwise he will end up having to move