close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Neighbor hoses you down...what would you have done?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Droid noob, Sep 30, 2012.

1. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Set his house on fire.

Your brother's, not the hose sprayer's.

Can't stand people who let their dogs yap all the damn time.

2. hpracing007

hpracing007

Man, I HATE dogs that bark all the time.

3. NDcent

NDcent Socially Inept

Where's a bucket of piss to throw over the fence when you need one.:dunno:

Keep the dog quiet(er), or move to the sticks away from any neighbors. Humans are overrated anyway.

4. shootnphil

shootnphil

I have been the Crazy Neighbor before. I started by trying to talk to them about the dogs but they would not answer the door to have a friendly neighborly conversation. I then found their phone number and would call them when their dogs were out barking at 6am or 10pm and calmly ask them to remedy the problem, they would just ask me to quite harassing them ???. Then they just blocked my phone number.

That’s when I decided to let the Authorities handle it. I call the local Police Department and filed and Disturbing the Peace Complaint. I also filed a Nuisance Dog Barking compliant with the local Animal Control Department. It’s amazing how Quit and Peaceful it is now.

So now I try to be nice and talk to the Neighbor 1st then its on to letting the local Authorities handle things.

5. tehan2

tehan2 NRA & GOAL

walk on over to the neighbors home and ring the bell. When the neighbor opens the door, unzip pants and hose down the neighbor

now with all that said, your brother is a ****** for letting his dog bark all the time

edit: why is the word "dou che" edited?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  6. fusegsp

fusegsp

What would I do if someone turned a hose on me? This is where I would fall back on my training. As soon as the first drop of water hit my flawless alabaster skin I would peel 'em off, grab a chair, and do the world's best Jennifer Beals impersonation.

7. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

I apologize in advance...

Open carry would have prevented this.

8. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Be a dick, get hosed I always say.

9. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

I'd be on Amazon lookin' for the biggest baddest Supersoaker they make. :) The water-arms race is on baby!

10. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? Millennium Member CLM

Brother lets dog bark endlessly. Neighbor makes some unwanted noise, brother decides to object. Brother gets hosed down.

Sounds like things worked out about right to me.

People who let their dogs bark for hours and hours deserve whatever's coming. One barking dog can keep an entire neighborhood from sleeping or enjoying the rest of their lives.

11. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

GT doesnt believe in showers. Some people have been offended by duschgel and being expected to use it.

12. nmk

nmk

That's what I was thinking.

13. jpa

jpa CLM

There is a charge of "battery of an insulting or provoking nature". This is used when there is no physical injury but there was physical contact used to annoy or harass the victim. Kinda like poking, pinching, spitting, etc etc. It could also be charged as disorderly conduct or simple battery. Let the jackass neighbor explain to a judge why he thought it was a good idea to hose down your bro because his dog was barking.

14. Wooderson76

Wooderson76

I would have sprayed him with the 27.......just kidding,I would have used the 23!

15. BonnieB

BonnieB (Thinking....)

:poke:Your brother is just wrong to let his dog bark all the time. He should get control of his dog, however that needs to happen, or give the dog away. It's incredibly selfish to let this go on.

He has no right to make the neighborhood a miserable place to be. I doubt that getting someone wet with a hose is 'assault' in any state, but I have to say I would have been tempted too.

I also doubt that the neighbor with the hose is the only neighbor bothered by this.

On the other hand, the neighbor could have come over or called up and asked your brother to take the dog in. Unless your brother has already stonewalled him.

At the end of the day, both are wrong and need to try harder to be civil. They'll probably have to be neighbors for a long time. This stuff can escalate and get very dangerous.

16. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

This! The OP's brother didn't stop his dog from barking constantly and driving the neighbor nuts, but suddenly he steps up when the neighbor inevitably reacts? That's D-bag behavior.

The OP's brother got what he deserved and needs to A) apologize to his neighbor, then B) buy a bark collar for his dog!

17. Glock1963

Glock1963

It happens for the same reason you have to endure screaming kids at Wal-Mart. They have an emotional attachment to the child/dog and tolerate their shortcomings.

This guy's neighbor lacked that emotional attachment and lashed out on the dog and its owner.

He never should have been put in that situation.

People that allow their dogs and children to act this way are delusional and rude. They shouldn't be surprised when others flip out.

18. Annhl8rX

Annhl8rX

In slight defense of the brother and his willingness to let the dog bark, I must say that people have varying levels of sensitivity to barking dogs. I get called all the time by people proclaiming how disruptive for their sleep their neighbor's dog is. Sometimes it's a legit complaint, but other times I have to make a concerted effort to even hear the dog. Some people are just really, really sensitive to noises. The same can be said for music and TV noise in apartment complexes.

19. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

People who don't control their property annoy me to no end.

20. mj9mm

mj9mm

:cool:, being a good neighbor means keeping your dog inline, if he started it by taunting the dog move your dog and keep an eye on the neighbor.