GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
15,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
You are very correct.

Having a powerful SUV is very nice for going over high mountain passes while carrying ski/snowboard gear and having ground clearance (and AWD / 4WD) for when the snow really starts falling.

It is about power while driving for normal daily activities. And the SUVs are easier for old people to get in and out.
Right on!

·
Gringo Viejo
28,510 Posts

400 plus HP Caddy. Just bought by not a soccer mom. tom. :whistling:

Reactions: Joshhtn

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like your car.

It interesting that threads like this degenerate into "look how cool my stuff is and awful the other guy's stuff is" nearly always.

1. I don't know my neighbor well, however, people who buy modded full size SUVs are not taking them to the track except maybe as a one time, lap or two deal. I'm sure this guy bought the thing to have a nice, streetable, luxury cruiser with some real passing power that will also haul four in great comfort and two more in a pinch plus a lot of gear and maybe a trailer.

2. So far as Hennessey being a cheat. I'll go with the group that says he cheated some people back in the day. But all of the complaints I've read are from ~20 years ago. Currently, the rep seems much better. There are lots of Hennessey mods running around Houston, Dallas, Austin and the oil patch. If they had a bad rep. now there's no way they'd be as successful. Along those lines I know an oilman from Abilene, you know the type dresses like a field hand but probably has $30,000,000 in his checking account........he's on his third Hennessey F-150, he loves them.

3. None of that really matters much to me. I don't own the Yukon but I like it.
WELL...It seems to actually matter to you, after all its your original post, bragging about a POS suv, from a POS company, that isnt even yours and that you clearly know even less about. I mean heck, you cant even spell it right.... This was followed by another half page worth of rebuttal to those following up, to self-strengthen your position, when people care to reveal the truth.
Having actually owned a Hennessy modded car...
1996 Dodge Viper R/T10. Prior owner sunk an additional $20k over 3yrs, getting ripped off from that clown, for no actual gain. He sold it at a loss (to me) because it was that bad and had severed ties with John. It took a significant amount of my money & effort to straighten out the BS work his "shop" did and put it back to correct...so YES I can speak somewhat factually on this matter. I'll go ahead and number just a few of them for you, as you did for all of us..
1. Did you know he took parts off of other customers cars and installed them on other customers cars without either owner's consent, knowledge or compensation and then flatly lied about doing it - repeatedly?

2. Did you know he talked foreign customers into shipping their cars to him for mods, then actually stripped the cars down for donor parts, knowing a foreign customer had little to no legal recourse? At least two guys never got thier cars back! think about that.

3. Did you know he took used &/or commonly available cheap aftermarket parts, stuck his emblem/decal/ branding on it - with no other changes and then advertised, resold/installed them for 100x the price under the guise of perf gain?

4. Did you know that clown has more lawsuits, some still pending, against him than you can count on both hands? Did you know he has to jump locations now & then in order to dodge those lawsuits?

5. Can you find me ONE Hennessy modded car that has held up to the test of time & more importantly: mileage?

6. Did you know he has been removed from multiple car forums back in the day, due to his behavior, threats and general ****** baggery? sound slike a winner to me.

Ummm, of course not...but lets not let this thread "degenerate" into the truth about what maybe (among the true perf automotive community) as one of the worst aftermarket performance "shop" & persons out there, putting out vastly overpriced, mediocre product!
I guess that would suck all the fun out of your c%ck love for the "neighbors" suv that you felt the need to brag about on a firearms forum...jeez, maybe one day he'll let you wash the dog $#!^ off of it for him.
John is an embarrassment to the car community. A man without any ethics, principles, moral compass, a conscience or even a truly viable product. He has, by record, screwed over far more people than he has ever helped. Thats not something anyone should bragg about.

PS: no car guy with $30Mil. in their checking account, buys a Hennessy anything...Calling absolute BS on that. He had to almost give away a Venom to Steve Tyler, just to have a single celeb endorsement, from what I recall.
Oil men & ubber rich car affectionados dont buy modded, Dealership lot cars..especially any F150! They buy custom spec, multi million $$, low production, hand built (often heavily restricted ownership) vehicles like those made by Koenigsegg, Bugatti, Bentley, Apollo, Pagani..and other makes youve most likely never heard of, but hey, whatever bro.

·
The eBay Guy
20,237 Posts
WELL...It seems to actually matter to you, after all its your original post, bragging about a POS suv, from a POS company, that isnt even yours and that you clearly know even less about. I mean heck, you cant even spell it right.... This was followed by another half page worth of rebuttal to those following up, to self-strengthen your position, when people care to reveal the truth.
1996 Dodge Viper R/T10. Prior owner sunk an additional $20k over 3yrs, getting ripped off from that clown, for no actual gain. He sold it at a loss (to me) because it was that bad and had severed ties with John. It took a significant amount of my money & effort to straighten out the BS work his "shop" did and put it back to correct...so YES I can speak somewhat factually on this matter. I'll go ahead and number just a few of them for you, as you did for all of us..
1. Did you know he took parts off of other customers cars and installed them on other customers cars without either owner's consent, knowledge or compensation and then flatly lied about doing it - repeatedly?

2. Did you know he talked foreign customers into shipping their cars to him for mods, then actually stripped the cars down for donor parts, knowing a foreign customer had little to no legal recourse? At least two guys never got thier cars back! think about that.

3. Did you know he took used &/or commonly available cheap aftermarket parts, stuck his emblem/decal/ branding on it - with no other changes and then advertised, resold/installed them for 100x the price under the guise of perf gain?

4. Did you know that clown has more lawsuits, some still pending, against him than you can count on both hands? Did you know he has to jump locations now & then in order to dodge those lawsuits?

5. Can you find me ONE Hennessy modded car that has held up to the test of time & more importantly: mileage?

6. Did you know he has been removed from multiple car forums back in the day, due to his behavior, threats and general ****** baggery? sound slike a winner to me.

Ummm, of course not...but lets not let this thread "degenerate" into the truth about what maybe (among the true perf automotive community) as one of the worst aftermarket performance "shop" & persons out there, putting out vastly overpriced, mediocre product!
I guess that would suck all the fun out of your c%ck love for the "neighbors" suv that you felt the need to brag about on a firearms forum...jeez, maybe one day he'll let you wash the dog $#!^ off of it for him.
John is an embarrassment to the car community. A man without any ethics, principles, moral compass, a conscience or even a truly viable product. He has, by record, screwed over far more people than he has ever helped. Thats not something anyone should bragg about.

PS: no car guy with $30Mil. in their checking account, buys a Hennessy anything...Calling absolute BS on that. He had to almost give away a Venom to Steve Tyler, just to have a single celeb endorsement, from what I recall.
Oil men & ubber rich car affectionados dont buy modded, Dealership lot cars..especially any F150! They buy custom spec, multi million $$, low production, hand built (often heavily restricted ownership) vehicles like those made by Koenigsegg, Bugatti, Bentley, Apollo, Pagani..and other makes youve most likely never heard of, but hey, whatever bro.
Welcome to GT, new guy.... Gee, you don't seem like a jerk at all.....

·
Registered
388 Posts
Those things must depreciate like crazy. I remember my sister bought one (hers was a Chevrolet Tahoe, not a Yukon) and within a couple of years the thing was worth a fraction of the price. I remember a lot of parts having to be replaced in that time too. This is why I stick to Toyotas or Hondas, they hold value much better and usually never break down.

·
Registered
15,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

Does that Hellcat belong to your mom?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts