GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
I feel pretty.
3,031 Posts
Oh, a bolt on blower. Very impressive. How much was that? Triple retail for parts and 100 hours labor for half a days work?

At best, Hennessy is a backyard mechanic and a con artist. Engine building is cake, especially when your customers throw blank checks at you. And he still can't pull it together.

Hopefully your bud gets his money back before they change their address for the forth time.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/wpqymry/

·
Semper Paratus
27,779 Posts
Not really. Go look up Hennessey's history of poor management and scams.
Yeah it’s hard to fake put a blower on a car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Oh, a bolt on blower. Very impressive. How much was that? Triple retail for parts and 100 hours labor for half a days work?

At best, Hennessy is a backyard mechanic and a con artist. Engine building is cake, especially when your customers throw blank checks at you. And he still can't pull it together.

Hopefully your bud gets his money back before they change their address for the forth time.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/wpqymry/

Would you prefer they welded the blower onto the block?

You and I both know there is no way they are simply bolting on a blower. At an absolute minimum there has to be additional cooling for the blower.

·
Rational
14,227 Posts
“According to a lawsuit filed in Salt Lake City, Utah resident Taig Stewart sent his Viper GTS to Hennessey last May for an engine upgrade to 1100 hp along with several other modifications. For that he wire-transferred $142,500 to Hennessey. The lawsuit states the parties agreed the car would be done by mid-July 2001. As of press time the car was still sitting under a tarp in Hennessey’s shop in Houston. Or most of the car, anyway. Stewart’s suit claims Hennessey sold the car’s engine, transmission, wheels, tires and hood. The suit seeks return of the money, the Viper and “no less than $1 million” in punitive damages.
$142,500?! AFTER he purchased the car? Are you SURE this isn't a scam?

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
I thought Hennessey made whiskey...

·
Registered
15,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
650hp in a 5700lb brick that handles like a tug boat built by a total scam artist..probably from someone elses used parts..lol, thats cute.
< laughs in hellcat.
View attachment 840328
I like your car.

It interesting that threads like this degenerate into "look how cool my stuff is and awful the other guy's stuff is" nearly always.

1. I don't know my neighbor well, however, people who buy modded full size SUVs are not taking them to the track except maybe as a one time, lap or two deal. I'm sure this guy bought the thing to have a nice, streetable, luxury cruiser with some real passing power that will also haul four in great comfort and two more in a pinch plus a lot of gear and maybe a trailer.

2. So far as Hennessey being a cheat. I'll go with the group that says he cheated some people back in the day. But all of the complaints I've read are from ~20 years ago. Currently, the rep seems much better. There are lots of Hennessey mods running around Houston, Dallas, Austin and the oil patch. If they had a bad rep. now there's no way they'd be as successful. Along those lines I know an oilman from Abilene, you know the type dresses like a field hand but probably has $30,000,000 in his checking account........he's on his third Hennessey F-150, he loves them.

3. None of that really matters much to me. I don't own the Yukon but I like it.

·
Pharaoh
34,491 Posts
I like your car.

It interesting that threads like this degenerate into "look how cool my stuff is and awful the other guy's stuff is" nearly always.

1. I don't know my neighbor well, however, people who buy modded full size SUVs are not taking them to the track except maybe as a one time, lap or two deal. I'm sure this guy bought the thing to have a nice, streetable, luxury cruiser with some real passing power that will also haul four in great comfort and two more in a pinch plus a lot of gear and maybe a trailer.
You are very correct.

Having a powerful SUV is very nice for going over high mountain passes while carrying ski/snowboard gear and having ground clearance (and AWD / 4WD) for when the snow really starts falling.

It is about power while driving for normal daily activities. And the SUVs are easier for old people to get in and out.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts