Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I have a G4 G22 and have a question about my grip. If I just natually grip the pistol, the hump on the back gets in the way. I actually need to turn my hand slightly clockwise (I'm a lefty) to avoid it, and hold the gun comfortably.

Is this normal? Will this negatively impact my pistol shooting, or will regular use overcome the awkwardness?

I'm still pretty new to pistols, and I really like the weapon. But if I'm not built for it, Id rather find out sooner than later.

I've also shot the XDM .40 and M&P .40, and made the same noobie mistakes on those that I do the Glock, so I'm not convinced that switching pistols will make me shoot better.

Thanks!

·
19k & 11b
706 Posts
Glock hump issues seem to be pretty common with shooters. Some people go as far as to have grip reductions, hump removals, etc. However, you have a Gen 4 and if I'm not mistaken won't the large backstrap remove the hump basically and make it more of a straight backstrap? Try the other backstraps and see. Good luck!

·
RetiredDinosaur
11,583 Posts
Ideally, you want the gun to be basically in line with your forearm:

You also want it to be fully seated into your hand:

Go practice, and do it correctly (read: shoot accurately all the time - don't just blast) and sooner than you think, you will do it 'naturally', and the hump won't be a problem.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at thos pics, I realized that "turn clockwise" may not be an accurate way to decribe what I'm doing. Really I'm titling it. So if I'm pointing it as if to fire, I move the bottom of the gun to the right (or my hand to the left) to avoid the hump.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Id say medium.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tries the extra backstrps, and they weren't to my liking. I put on one of those $7 Hogue slip on grips, and it feels much more natural to me now. Maybe its just in my imagination, but I'm going to stay there as long as possible. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts