close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

need your advise...

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by badshot9mm, Feb 10, 2006.

1. badshot9mm

badshot9mm

I need your advise...
    I do not own a glock...
    I was referred to this forum because i'm in the philippines...

My cousin offered me his Daewoo DP51 recently for 15 thou. Its unregistered and has one magazine to go with. I like the gun because its slim and easy to handle. Badside is its unregistered. I realy like the unit and in my research about it i found out that it is well made by a korean company and is te service firearm of the korean army. Now, if koreans make good koreanovelas then this must also be a good gun right??? just kiddin... I aske the local gun dealer here and they said it will cost me about 9 thou to have it registered. any advise???

thanks in advance...

2. Django

Django

For daewoos, Casmot is the expert. Check it out with him.

3. toxic

toxic

Welcome to BOG's Kabayan, im from bulacan also (Plaridel)..if i were you ill just buy a new boomer , licenced and from the box in very good condition pa. try the Norinco , PM Deenoh BOG's member.

4. badshot9mm

badshot9mm

Sir Toxic,

I'm in Baliuag. Where do you shoot ba? I want to try the Dp51 sa Firing range. I know there's one in Pulilan near Poblacion but I think they open only on Saturdays. i don't know if they allow unregistered guns there. Baka hulihin ako pag dala ko dun gun insan ko e. I like the weapon kasi it's cheap and i like the design. It looks something like this. http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197704

5. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

Hi badshot,darwin25 also has the daewoo.maybe he can share some tips.my commander in chief is also from your side of town.welcome to the BOG!;c

6. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

brand new dp51 goes for 18-20K + Licensing fees of 3.5-5k. problem with the dp51 is aftermarket service and parts availability.

i'd follow toxic's advise and get a brand new unit.

7. casmot

casmot Re membered

Wecome to BoGs!

Yes, I have a DP51. Had it since 1996 and have shot more than 5,000 rounds with it. It was my carry and will still be if I get a PTC. It was also my competition gun for a while. ;f It is a reliable piece, would shoot any 9mm rounds, even those rejected by a glock or CZ. So far, I had no gun related gun problem, mostly bullet and shooter related ang problema. ;f

Problema lang would be the after market parts and service. And no accessories. Also mahirap for competition, lugi ka sa no of rounds, 13+1 as against 16+1 or even 17+1.

8. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

for the price your cousin is giving you, ill get a bnew taurus 9mm.

9. isuzu

isuzu

What model of Taurus 9mm that's in the P15,000 range? How much does a PT 92 cost now?

Thanks!

10. isuzu

isuzu

Hi Casmot,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was the barrel accuracy an issue with the DP51 before or was it in the Daewoo 40 caliber model that bullets "jump" the rifling?

There were plans of Bar-Sto making aftermarket barrels when the DP51 came out, but according to one gun writer's article, there weren't enough Daewoos to justify manufacturing of aftermarket barrels.

I've seen some DP51s on the range, and they were pretty decent guns.:)

11. casmot

casmot Re membered

That was the issue with the DH40 and not with the DP51. My DP51 is quite accurate, ako lang ang hindi ;f

BTW, I bought mine in 1996 at Php17K inclusive of the license. And it came with 2 mags, cleaning tools and case.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

sir,if im not mistaken, its their millenium model, cost around 22k+4K for the papers, imho, i think its a better deal than a 2nd hand 15K gun+9k for transfer.

13. Kiddo

Kiddo

How is the availability of parts of Taurus generally? Compared to Glocks or CZs?

14. toxic

toxic

Mahirap din parts ng Taurus mas ok Glocks and CZ.

Badshot9mm ,
    i wouldnt recommend bringing the daewoo anywhere ng walang papel, baka matyempuhan ka not unless you are very well connected dyan. Mahigpit ang LEO dyan sa atin specially now active na naman mga Nice People Around
    Ang pinakamalapit sa Baliuag is my home club sa Bustos(BPSC)FLB compound sa malamig sa likod lang ng palengke bg Bustos, meron pa sa Liciada sa Bustos din , Pulilan they are open everyday, sa Malolos meron din sa Sumapa own by Bobby Lopez.(These ranges will not alow you to bring in an unlicenced firearm)then again kung may kilala ka na member kahit saang club, im sure they can help you out.

GUNClub in Bulacan
    Bustos Practical Shooting Club, Inc., 25 Renato M. De leon 913 A. Hilario St., Poblacion, Bustos, Bulacan F.L.B. Shooting Range(Bustos Firing Range) Capt. Martin (0917) 835-6309-9140571 (044) 617-0988 914-0573

Liciada Shooters Club, Inc., 14 Arturo M. Joson Liciada, Bustos, Bulacan Liciada Firing Range (0917) 538-3122Art Joson 410-0288
    (0917) 820-2300Mr Macabulos (045) 961-2277

San Ildefonso Practical Shooting Assn.(SIPSA) 15 Benjamin Isidro 146 Malipampang, San Ildefonso, Bulacan SIPSA Firing Range (0916) 568-

Meron pa sa Marilao (Los Bulakenyos) im not sure kung active pa.

Yung sa Malolos tagal na rin akong di nakakaputok don sa Lopez or lorenzo compund Sumapa malapit sa Provincial Hospital

Pulilan : alam mo na yata yung Add.

PM me for more info.

15. theTactician

theTactician

norinco na lang bro.. i believe mas ok. though i never fired a daewoo so i aint familiar. anyway, as the saying goes..."nasa indian pa rin yan, wala sa pana yan."

cheers;c

16. kiddie

kiddie

...DONT BUY THAT PISTOL;L;L;L...unless you want a BIG BIG ACHE in your HEAD^2^2^2...THAT will be A CATASTROPHIC FINANCIAL BLUNDER;4;4;4...YOUR WIFE WILL KILL U IF U DO THAT;I;I..or ;n;n;n...LISTEN to "the Tactician"^d^d and u will be just fine;?;?

17. casmot

casmot Re membered

Hahaha... But kidding aside, the Daewoo DP51 is a reliable gun. For home defense and carry, its still my pistol. I like the feel of it and the way it shoots. But, of course, Its my own preferrence.

badshot9mm, if you'll really interested in buying a gun, check out the different models and brands. And maybe fire a few shots with it. But if you're under some restrains (financial, availability, etc.) and the DP51 is available to you then go for it.

18. badshot9mm

badshot9mm

mga bossing,

many thanks po sa mga advice nila...

very informative po talaga itong forums for us newbies...

i think i'll keep the unit for now and just dispose of it when i have additional cash. I'll just have to content myself in shooting tincans on the backyard until i can buy a unit with papers to go around...

Haaay... I wish i had the connections, as sir toxic has put it, 'coz I want to learn the proper way to handle the firearm and not just point and shooooooooooooot... but i guess that's the way the ball goes..

again, many thanks to all and when i have the cash i expect to here more advice from you people ha...

19. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

I'll sell you my licensed Daewoo DP51 with 2 magazines + 1 mec-gar S&W 59 mag to go with it for the same price if you're interested. Ikaw na lang magshoulder ng transfer ng license. Fired about 5000 rounds through without a single gun related malfunction. The gun is very reliable though problem nga with parts and services. It was my carry gun before I shifted to my .45 commander but I have the confidence that the gun will not fail me should I need it. It is great for carry and fast into action. But it is not a beginners gun especially if carried in fast-fire mode.

Im selling it because I want to get a shotgun. But if you would listen to others, you may want to look at other brands so look around first before you decide

20. Kiddo

Kiddo

Oh no someone is trying to copy my nick! Hehehe. Slow down on the smileys buddy, you'll do fine. Welcome to BOG!