Need trigger advice on my 30sf.

Discussion in 'The Big Dawgs Club' started by akguy59, Dec 6, 2015.

1. akguy59

akguy59

Hi folks. To get to the point, I have a 30sf that I bought about a year ago. I've got a couple thousand rounds through it and I don't like the trigger pull on it. I did the 25 cent trigger job on it but it is still really heavy. I didn't realize how heavy until I had my buddy check it with a trigger pull gauge and it turned out to be a consistent 7 lbs 2 oz. I know it will never be like the triggers on my 1911's but I would like to get it down to a more shootable pull. I don't think I need a complete drop in trigger kit but I would like to know what I could easily do to get it down to a more reasonable pull - say 4/12 to 5 lbs. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

2. akguy59

akguy59

Just a little follow up. Since finding out how heavy my trigger pull was I decided to go to Lone Wolf for some trigger parts. I got the 3 1/2 lb connector and 6 lb trigger spring to see if that would be the fix. I got them today and after a quick install I now have a 5 lb 7 oz trigger that should be much more shootable. It's snowing pretty hard today so I won't be able to test fire yet but I think it should make a world of difference.

3. sandpiper

sandpiper

So how did it go ?

4. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

Just build up the muscles in you index finger and you won't notice the trigger pull