close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need to know the sending email address...

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by New23, Feb 4, 2006.

1. New23

New23

I just installed permission-based spam-preventer software that blocks all mail coming from email addresses not on my "OK" list. I didn't save an example of email coming fom this forum that notifies me of activity in threads I'm subscribed to, or of PM messges, or anything else. Please let me know the sending email address of any mail that might come to me from this forum.

Thanks...

2. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

I hate those types of software. They just create hassles for users and people sending emails to them IMO. If your email is POP/SMTP based, try using Mozilla Thunderbird for your email with its adaptive junk mail feature. It learns by you telling it what is junk, and as email comes in, it scans it to see if it matches prior junk mail. After a month or so, if you're active with it and actually doing what you should be, rather than just deleting it, it gets pretty good at catching 98% of bad email.

Anyway, the email addy that is used to send GT email is eric@glocktalk.com and gtcontest@glocktalk.com for contests that eric has and sometimes webmaster@glocktalk.com as well.

3. New23

New23

I've tried a variety of the non-permission-based spam preventers and have been more annoyed than satisfied. Then I encountered ChoiceOne by sending an email to a long-lost friend from the past. I didn't mind at all the one-time ask-for-permission process and saw immediately that it could solve my spam problem a very simple way. The only sort-of problem I see is from legitimate emails I do want to receive from automatic non-people senders. Anyway, I'm trying it and will see how it goes. Wish me luck...

4. New23

New23

Just to follow up, I've been using Choicemail One for two days and it looks like it's taken my daily spam from 100 to zero. The more I learn about it the more I see that there's been a lot of thought and development into this one.