close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need some urgent help, Please

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by crater, Aug 31, 2006.

1. crater

crater NRA Member

Yesterday while doing a google search in order to file for disability, I typed in state of MFEMFEMF but when the seach engine came up it said "STATE OF MFEMFEM". I tried agin with different search names but used MFEMFEMF and every time MFEMFEM came up.

I did a virus search, nothing found, and shut down the computer.

Tried again this morning and still get a MFEMFEM every time I search for something in MFEMFEMF. I tried search for other states and there is no problem. I remember clinking on one dept for MFEMFEMF (Which actually was an attorney's office) and I was getting the message in the lower right hand that the message was being sent about my zip code to somebody. I said go ahead and send since i thought it was actually going to a state department within MFEMFEMF.

Any ideas, I am afraid to open my bank account on line or do anything else, until I figure this out. I am have way thru completing my online application for unemployment and kind of scared to complete the form.

Any Ideas Anyone?

Thanks

2. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

3. crater

crater NRA Member

Thanks, what I was trying to google was an phone number and address for the social secuirty dept for MFEMFEMF. That is why I typed into the goodle search was-state of MFEMFEMF. I get state of MFEMFEM.
    I just tried to google plain old MFEMFEMF and get listing like you did for MFEMFEM.

Naw, I'm not drunk and I did double,triple check that I speeled MFEMFEMF correctly.

4. crater

crater NRA Member

This is something new that has never happened before, when I post a reply to your post, i get a pop up from McAfee saying "Your address (MFEMFEMF" is being sent to GlockTalk.com" and then it gives me the option of clicking send the information or do not send the information. that is what happened yesterday and started this whole mess when I did a Google search. I have been a member here for some time and have never been asked that before when I posted on GT.....

5. SKeefe

SKeefe

Have you scanned for spyware/adware/virus?

6. crater

crater NRA Member

Scott, I have ran a virus scan, and found nothing, I also did a de-frag for the heck of it. I do not know how to run a scan for spyware or adware.....

7. Furant

Furant Millennium Member

MFEMFEM is the string that the McAfee privacy service will use to populate any fields that you tell it you don't want transmitted onto the web (i.e. State, Last Name, SSN, etc.)

Those hits that pesticidal found are databases that are automatically populated by people letting those strings populate their information. Changing your McAfee Privacy Service settings should do the trick.

8. crater

crater NRA Member

To help others out who tried to help me, Jferrante hit the nail on the head. It appears that yesterday at some time I told McAfee not to send the information about searching for Kentucky to somebody, and no every time I type in Kentucky, it McAfee asks again, if I want to send that name (or what ever) when I say go ahead and send, there is no problem.

I just need to figure out with McAfee how to reset it.

And you guy's thought I was drunk, didn't 'ya......Well to be honest, I was going to go that route until this kind GT'er saved me.

9. c-mama

c-mama Moderator

Glad this was fixed for you. :)