close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need some input

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by iontrap, Jan 21, 2010.

1. iontrap

iontrap

I have my concealed carry permit and a G19. Unfortunately because of where I work, department of energy site, I can't carry or even have the pistol in my vehicle at work. So, that leaves me with carrying on my days off, Friday through Sunday. I'm not sure that it's worth spending more than $60 on a holster.
    What are my options for an IWB holster under $30? There are alot of options on ebay but it's impossible to tell how well made they are just from the pictures.

2. Bruce M

Bruce M

3. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Heck, I'll spend $60 on ammo and and hour's worth of range time. I highly recommend that you consider a good (not cheap) holster and belt, even though you'll be carrying primarily on weekends. Why not be comfortable and have a stable carry system on the days that you DO carry?

My experience is admittedly very limited to the Crossbreed Supertuck and a Crossbreed gun belt. I've got two Beltman belts on the way.

4. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Just remember, the high dollar bad guys work 24/7 they don't take the weekends off. Don't cut yourself short because of carry time. You can do well some of the mid level holsters with a beltman belt. C-Tac works well for me.

Another thing, if you get a cheap holster it may FEEL like a weeks worth of wear in one weekend but that's not a good thing.

5. iontrap

iontrap

The one thing I didn't consider is comfort. The more I've thought about it, I think getting a tuckable holster would be the right thing to do. I guess since I've already spent the money on the pistol, spending a little more for a good holster should is a smart decision.

6. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Even if I could carry 1/2 day a week-Get a good holster
    I wish more Gov sites were like my local court house-walk in,the first area is the county Sheriff,they have NO problem with you securing your firearm there

7. tankermw

tankermw

Check out alabama holster company. The hooker model is awesome and only $50.

8. iontrap

iontrap