GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new pistol for my birthday that is coming up and I am just having a hard time deciding which pistol to get. Here is a list of the few that I am really thinking about:

-Glock 23, 19, or maybe even the 17 ($398+tax-GSSF price)
-CZ 75D PCR ($550+ship+$30 FFL)
-CZ P07 Duty ($429+tax)

I have wanted a CZ for a while but I don't yet have a Glock yet and I may use whatever I get for my main CCW (though I am mostly planning on plinking and maybe competition). Whatever I get, I want it to be reliable enough to trust my life to it.

Anyone have any suggestions about these firearms or maybe another really great one $550 or less?

·
Registered
136 Posts
It looks as though price is not a hindrance so what I would do is go to a gunstore that has a shooting range and rentals. Try them all. Glocks, CZ, Sigs, Berettas, S&W, etc. It's the best way to find the gun that you like rather than what someone else likes. Also, as any LEO and they can tell you about reliability and such. They're all good.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Me thinks a G19 at the GSSF discount price, add some NS and some GoldDots will be a fantastic birthday present for you!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Glock 17 with the CZ 75 as a close 2nd. After you get your Glock 17, find a range where IDPA clubs hold matches and go compete! It's sport that is more about off the shelf firearms, stressing safety and good gun handling skills over high dollar race guns. Lots of fun!

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Get what you want. Don't let others decide for you. You have to live with it. If you don't know what you want then it isn't time to buy one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Get what you want. Don't let others decide for you. You have to live with it. If you don't know what you want then it isn't time to buy one.
-It is definitely time to get one and I know that I want all of them but I was just trying to see if there were any GTers that had a good reason for a preference between the guns.

Why not a 23, then you can buy a 9mm barrel for plinking and use the .40 for carry......
I am thinking about the 23 option with a Lone Wolf conversion barrel but I already have a .40 S&W and I don't know if I want to spend the extra money on that when I could get Trij night sights or more practice ammo. I've also seen a lot in other threads extolling how Glock's (and most other pistols) seem to do best in the 9mm configurations.

I am a 40sw guy and like the g23 and g27 . Having owned both I trust and carry my g27 .
Is there any particular reason why you mentioned trusting and carrying the 27 and not the 23?

I really appreciate all the replies. If anyone has some good insight about the CZs for CCW or other input, I'd appreciate it

·
Registered
154 Posts
Based from your shortlist:

For CCW Glock 19 or 23 because it's light and reliable

For competition, CZ75 single action - it's weight eats up the recoil and accurate too

·
Long Trail
2,465 Posts
Get yourself a G23 and be done with it. :cool:

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
-

Is there any particular reason why you mentioned trusting and carrying the 27 and not the 23?
Personal preference , I had both pistols and both worked well and I went with the g27 due to being a tad smaller even with the pg2733 grip exstentions added . Also my brother was graduating from L.E.O training and need a side arm for work , so i gave it him. If I still had the g23 I would carry it for sure , it's a good pistol .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts