close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need some info

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by BULLRUNN, Mar 16, 2010.

1. BULLRUNN

BULLRUNN Double Tap

Guys I need some info and pics if you can.. Im a Sgt with a 800+ Dept in the Hampton Roads area of Va. We are having some issues with mounting our 870's and M4's in the cars so as to not be in the way... We are running CV and just recieved some Impalas and Im told some new Caprices when they come out..I am looking for pics of how your setups are... I would like pic but name brands of locking racks and where you keep them would do also... Our 870s are now in the trunk we will be using OUR personel M4's and AR's do to budget cuts soon and we are looking to mount the AR and the 870's together... our 870's were on the shield bar above our heads but the butts kept hitting those of us over 6 foot in the head everytime we stopped.. I am also looking for any of you who run a HALF shield Cage.. I believe Hollywood FL does this and this might solve our problem if I can get a pic that I can show our fleet guy...I do not want you to do anything in violation of Dept policy and if you want feel free to PM me and I will respond ...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  2. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

3. BULLRUNN

BULLRUNN Double Tap

4. jpa

jpa CLM

5. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

That too, but I was going to keep track of this so I can get some info and find the OP again.

6. gumby223

gumby223 Crime Fighter

You can also go to www.elightbars.org and look at the "member's rides" section. There are usually some good pics of installs on that forum.

7. Fallout

Fallout County Mountie

Sorry no pics yet, We use full cages however the ones that we use have a Relief cutout in them right over the Transmission Tunnel which basically makes the rear seat only a 2 seater. The M4 and 870 are both mounted upright against the cage. The M4's locking mechanism looks like a Handcuff with a cradle for the stock and the 870 has a regular locking mechanism. I wont be back to work til next week and can try and get some pics if you would like. There is relatively little leg room for the prisoners but it helps keep the un-ruly ones from manuevering around to kick out the windows.

After looking at the Santa Cruz gun locks ours our similar to those however I believe a different manufacturer.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010