close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need Some Help

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by blue0623, Jul 19, 2006.

1. blue0623

blue0623 2B1ASK1

I reformatted a computer, then found out my code dosen't work long story short the trail period has expired. I'm tring to do it again with a diff. CD but I can't do anything the cd won't run on its own and I can't get to the control panel to do it my self. can anyone HELP!!!!!

2. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

You need to format the drive.If you need to boot from CD you need to enter the PC's BIOS ans set the CD drive as the first boot drive.You enter the bIOS before Windows starts.

3. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Your code?

You mean your windows activation key? If its Windows XP, I simply called Microsoft and they reactivated me over the phone.

IGF

4. HVAC-TEK

HVAC-TEK

There are several possible causes for this.

You may be trying to use a key that requires a "dell, IBM, E-machines, Etc" recovery disk. These keys may not work with a standard Windows disk. (Or visa versa)

Windows keys are cut into categories like "Retail, OEM, Business” And these keys must be used with the appropriate disk.

Also your copy may be illegal.

Or you simply typed in the key wrong. (I did this four times in a row once.)

Your best bet is to call Microsoft. They are in India, but they will be able to explain to you what’s going on.

K