Need some help with holster

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Simi_gun_guy, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Simi_gun_guy

Simi_gun_guy

Hi folks, like lot of us, I’m stuck at home. Tonight I noticed that the holster for my primary EDC G23 is bent, at least the belt clip.
    BE1B2BD1-82FF-4504-973A-B2245D158C8B.jpeg
    I’m sure I’m not the first person here to do this. I suspect that earlier in the day it snagged on something while I was doing yard maintenance. For reference, here is a shot of another of the same type clip & holster. A7503ADC-FAD0-4F0C-9493-C3504AA473EE.jpeg

Any thoughts about fixing this problem? I considered trying to replace it, but it appears the spring clip was installed & then sewn in afterward. I don’t think it’s coming out w/o a struggle, potentially even damaging the leather tab. 345CA4F2-E9D8-497A-BF79-A06BCB514D82.jpeg I don’t want that, I’ll send it back to Stoner (manufacturer) before ruining a $100 holster. So, any thoughts on re-bending the spring to get back near original shape?
    Thanks for any & all assistance.
    Stay healthy everyone!

Ed

2. El Pistolero

El Pistolero bene vivere Silver Member

7,850 ft up in the New Mexico Rocky Mountains
    You have a great holster, your best bet in my view is to mail it back to Stoner for repair.
    Stoner Holsters Guarantee

All Stoner holsters are warrantied against all material and manufacturing defects for 100 years. If such defects occur, please return the product to us and we will repair or replace it. We also will replace any hardware that is lost or broken.

https://stonerholsters.com/stoner-holsters-guarantee

Simi_gun_guy likes this.

3. Simi_gun_guy

Simi_gun_guy

Well ... I’m embarrassed. I’ve purchased 7 or 8 holsters from them, I know I’ve read the guarantee, and now when I need it ...I forgot. Great idea, I’ll put a call in to Andrea to see what they think.
    Thanks, El Pistolero!

Ed

El Pistolero likes this.
  4. Simi_gun_guy

Simi_gun_guy

Update: I emailed Andrea @ Stoner, explained the problem. She enlightened me how to extract the damaged clip (butter knife to release the damaged clip from inside the flap!). And the replacement arrived today, Thursday (3 days after initial contact!). Problem solved, quick with EXCELLENT guidance and support from Stoner Holsters!!! A great bunch of folks here : https://stonerholsters.com

Ed

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Pack26, oldmick and Ross-in-Pa like this.
  5. Ross-in-Pa

Ross-in-Pa Western Pa

Glad you got a good resolution.

I probably would have squeezed it near the closed bend end with a pair of ChannelLocks and tried to tighten it up. Maybe would have ruined a nice holster too.....

Stoner sounds like a company I would like to deal with. I will remember them the next time I am hunting for a holster.