close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need some help - Outlook .PST files

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Newcop761, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

I have backed up Outlook 2003 .pst files onto an external hard drive from computers that I no longer have. The files range in size between 145mb, 469mb, 804mb.

Now when I tried to import the .pst file back into Outlook, or move the file onto my computer or my wife's computer, I get an error:

I have a lot of other data on this hard drive and I am able to access, copy, move, every other type of file except the .pst files. Need some help guys. What can I do to access / import / copy to my notebook these files?

2. doktarZues

doktarZues I'm anti-anti

Can you clarify if you were using any version of outlook other than 2003?

Can you clarify how you backed up the .pst file? Did you simply copy the .pst file from it's present location and paste it to your ext HD? Did you use some sort of import/export process?

You have tried simply copy/pasting the .pst file from your ext HD to your local HD, and that is when you are receiving the corrupt or unreadable message?

If everything was straight Outlook 2003, you should be able to simply File>Open>Data File> (find appropriate PST file) and be in business. That error message sounds like the files themselves are actually corrupted, and may not be able to saved by using scanpst.exe or a 3rd party app to try and 'save' your .pst file. I'll wait for your response and see if we can't figure it out. -dok