Need some help on these guy`s

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by protosniper, Mar 29, 2010.

1. protosniper

protosniper

Went to my local gun show and think I found a great deal on 115 Grain FMJ 9mm ammo but there isn`t any maker name on the box but it does have some decals and safety writeing on the box has anyone ever seen these before ??? not a bad price IMO I purchased all he had left which was 10 boxes and they shoot great. wish he had more... any information would be awesome... wouldn`t mind finding out who makes these and purchase more.

Attached Files:

2. majic man

majic man

I've never seen a box like that so my best guess would be reloads in a fancy box.:dunno:

3. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

I second this

4. Magus

Magus Deo Vindice

As the others said, gonna go with reloads on those...be careful.

5. protosniper

protosniper

What should I watch out for useing these.... ??? I asked around at the gun show and the guy selling them has be a regular for many many years. I think I even purchased from him before but the boxes were White the last time and had printing on them like these, But I figured haveing safety Warning lable printed on them with a Quality lableing on the box stateing made with pride in the USA had to be a company or surplus like American Eagle or some sort ???.... after thinking about it I said to myself that was the same guy... So im sure they are loaded safely or people that purchased from him before would have ban him from selling anymore bad round...

now im kinda scared to shot them what if they are loaded heavy or something else ???

6. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

There are a couple companies that make re-manufactured ammo.
    The only single company I would trust in my guns, if I didn't reload my own. Is Blackhills brand re-manufactured ammo.

There is no telling who made the ammo you purchased, and I would be leery of it.

7. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Squibs, and overcharged rounds.
    If you had a scale that measured in grains, you could weight a new round vs these.

8. motorcyclist

motorcyclist

I've seen a couple of guys like this at gun shows and online at gunbroker. I talked to one of them (didn't buy any) at one of the shows. Nice old guy! Retired with nothing to do but load ammo all day. Told me he uses new brass. I would imagine if you blow up your gun with a double charge you have no recourse.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010