close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

need some help moving movies onto dvd from 8mm and dig

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by fireguy129, Jun 30, 2006.

1. fireguy129

fireguy129

Hey folks, I tried using a dazzle Digital Video Creator 80, plugs into your usb and connects with rca to your equipment. It may be me, but the movies look real jumpy in the previews, like it didn't catch all the frames. Also, when I try to reply the loaded movies from my pc, I can't get any sound. I tried burning the movie onto dvd, but for whatever reason it seems like the program doesn't recognize my hp dvd writer. I used Studio 8 (came with the board, or camera or something) but when I try to use it to burn, the whole box to check the dvd burner is shaded out. I know the dvd works fine with other programs. I tried burning it with nero, but the format of the edited movie isn't supported. The studio software saves in .stu format.
    Here's my questions:
    1. Is the dazzle thing good enough for what im doing? Its baby movies so I want them great.
    2. If its not, what should I get? One of the guys I work with recommended Turtle Beach. circuit city search on turtle beach
    3. if you don't like turtle beach, what should I use? My daughter just turned 2, and I haven't finished her first birthday yet.
    Thanks all!!