close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need some help for my mom

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by W420Hunter, Jan 18, 2010.

1. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

Ok so this is what happened. Some one hacked her email. They took it an found her full name an address, an home phone #. They took that an set up fake emails. They used all this charge things on her lane phone line. There was a online radio, an 2 call in any where voice mails. We are not sure how long its been going on but its been a while. We called the radio place an found out they used her name an # to set it up along with the email. Now this is where I need the help. So we call ATT an this is what I do not understand. We asked if there was any way to keep outside charges from being put on out account, an they said no. I just don't get that, that's them saying that any one with no proof can add things on our bill an we have to pay it? We also asked the voice mail to see if they could tell us if its been used an they said no? Am I the only one that seem like both of these sound like b.s?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  2. Gallium

Gallium CLM

smells like someone from the INSIDE did this.

'Drew

3. security79

security79 Gene Frenkle

I don't quite understand but I'll give this a bump so maybe someone who would can help.

4. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

What it boils down to is this.
    some one has been charging things to our home phone bill. ATT claims they cant put a hold on outside charges. They did it with nothing more then her name an a fake email. I have a feeling att just does not give a damn b/c its not skin off there nose so there being lazy. Any one know what can be done?

5. silentpoet

silentpoet

Maybe a letter from a lawyer would get their attention. Call them back and ask for their address. Also always escalate up the chain, ask to speak to a supervisor and if they can't help you ask to go up the food chain. Don't take no for an answer. Inform them you will be lodging a complaint with your states attorney general and writing newspapers to inform them about AT&T and it's lack of response to criminal actions. You might also set up a web page and optimize it so it pops up high on the search engines.

6. Longhammer

Longhammer

Adult protection services, and the attorney general. Get in line.

7. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

They set it up using my moms address. I mean in this day an age all you need is some ones full name to get there address an phone #. I have a general idea an I am working on that end. I know something can be done, I just don't know what. There is no way AT&T is powerless in this.

8. Swiper

Swiper

File a report with the local police and also dispute the charges with ATT. Make sure that you have proof of having notified ATT of the fraudulent use of your mom's personal information.

Order her credit reports to ensure than no other frauds has occurred.

9. Swiper

Swiper

My wife had her credit card, phone, and address stolen when somebody hacked into an online merchant's credit card records. We filed a police report, contacted our creditors, disputed all fraudulent charges and never had to pay a penny out of our own pockets.

10. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

Ok so I should have put this in from the start. I know how they got her emails. When we are not buying anything online, we use a open wireless net. My guess is that is how they got her email, from her email her name an from her name her address. From there is was a simple thing to make a fake email an then the charges.

11. Swiper

Swiper

You mean "... we used a open wireless net," I hope.

12. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

First then, SECURE YOUR WIRELESS!!!!!

13. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

we where useing there's lol.