close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need some good cat litter recommendations.

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by SkyStorm82, Nov 26, 2006.

1. SkyStorm82

SkyStorm82 DSG

What's some good cat litter to use? My main concern is the dust it creates when the cats scrape it around trying to bury their crap or when I'm scooping it to clean it out.... I saw some wheat stuff at Target today...didn't know if it was any good or not.

2. pjrocco

pjrocco Rock

I use Tidy Cat scoopable litter (light blue). It works great and there is never any dust. You can get 30 pounds for $8.49 at Petsmart.

3. Lone Wolff

Lone Wolff Tire World...

I get the clumping litter at Sam's Club. 30 or 40lb buckets for $7-$8 I think. Only dust I see is when I'm filling the box, not from the cat's use.

4. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

I just switched over the the Tidy Cats Crysltals Blend. I think I am going to be staying with this stuff. No dust at all and no smell. I've had to get really picky about the litter I use too. I had to move back into my moms place (roommates kid set last palce on fire) and due to my stepdads allergies I have to keep my cat confinded to my room. So that means the litter box is at the foot of my bed.

5. Errick

Errick NRA Patron

It's good stuff, I've got two young cats. It's safe, kills odor, clumps well, and is flushable, and no dust.

:thumbsup:

6. Sapperstang

Sapperstang Paratrooper

Fresh Step Crystals.

7. Z34Lee

Z34Lee Rush is Right!

I'm pretty new at the cat ownership gig, but I started off using Fresh Step. I tried some Arm & Hammer litter on price, but I'm not all that happy with it. It doesn't seem to clump as well, and I can smell the litter box. I never had any odor issues with Fresh Step.

8. hangmans joke

hangmans joke

dunno name of it but g/f got some new stuff after i *****ed about cat smell and litteer box . i think she got it at walmart. but it is madee of recycled paper . it does not clump but no smell AT ALL , and no dust. AND CHEAP.