Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
BIGASS!!!!
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need your help guys.

I have a squirrelly stomach upon waking. I usually don't have much of an appetite. When I do force down some food, I usually end up puking in the middle of my workout. But I have no problem drinking a shake.

I get up at noon (remember I work nights), and begin my workout between 12:45 and 1:00 pm.

I've been having 1/2 serving of Cytogainer and a scoop of AST VP2 for "breakfast". Thats 50g protein, 40g carbs, 4g fat and 385 calories.

I actually seem to perform quite well on this. I know I should be eating a real breakfast, but it just isn't going to happen.

So I'm looking for ideas of stuff I can mix in with my shake.

It's got to be light on the stomach. I was thinking of crushing up some Cheerios and mixing them in. Or instant oats, I've heard of some BBers doing this. But that might be bogus.

Blueberries maybe? Have to get a blender too.

So do you guys have any suggestions for additions to my shake?

·
BIGASS!!!!
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow thanks.

Are you going to clean up my puke every day in the middle of my workout.

I hope so.:supergrin:

·
BIGASS!!!!
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why change? It seems that you're already doing great.

I just want to sneak in a little real food somehow, to see what kind of difference it makes.

You know me, always experimenting. And I know how important breakfast is.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you want something to mix in your shake, bananas and blueberries are always good. Seems like I've been on a blueberry tear recently, eating 3 of those small plastic boxes a week.

For real food, I just eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or oatmeal with my shake and fish oil/almonds. :cool:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Blueberries and banana in my Chocolate Mint flavor of Optimum Nutrition is awesome. Other additions may be, strawberries, peach, kiwi, half a peeled apple or bosc pear, or a few heaping tablespoons of apple sauce. I use to add a splash of flax seed oil, but I don't any more - not for any particular reason, tho.

What about just a whole apple or orange with your shake? Or a bowl of cantaloupe?

·
BIGASS!!!!
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I think I will try blueberries and bananas. Maybe nonsweetened applesauce too.

I would still prefer to mix it in with my shake, as most mornings I don't really think I would have the appetite to eat any solid food.

It is an odd thing, and I just deal with it. Me thinks it might be stomach acid pooling up during my sleep. But I don't know.

Thanks guys!

·
BIGASS!!!!
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another thought... would trying some type of probiotic before bed or with your last meal before bed help at all?
I've taken digestive enzymes off and on in the past, and never noticed a positive difference.

I started taking them back when I was pounding down 5000 calories a day, since I wanted to make sure all my food was getting digested and absorbed.

But I never noticed a difference.

·
BIGASS!!!!
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One thing you may want to try for stomach acid is to cut down on the acidic stuff you eat during the day.
Good point!

But I don't really eat anything acidic right now.

·
BIGASS!!!!
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought unsweetened apple sauce and oats to try.

One thing dawned on me, that a banana would make my already big shake HUGE. And it might not sit too well since I don't have much time before I work out.

Will have puke bucket handy.........:rofl:

·
Spongy Member
2,044 Posts
I've blended in a cup (maybe 3/4) of rolled (not instant) oats for some carbs in a pre-WO shake before. It gives a bit of a nutty/chalky taste but it's still easy to drink. I like to drink this one about a half hour before workout to give the relatively slow carbs of the oats a chance to get somewhat digested.

·
BIGASS!!!!
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've blended in a cup (maybe 3/4) of rolled (not instant) oats for some carbs in a pre-WO shake before. It gives a bit of a nutty/chalky taste but it's still easy to drink. I like to drink this one about a half hour before workout to give the relatively slow carbs of the oats a chance to get somewhat digested.
Whats the difference between rolled and instant oats?

I tried rolled oats.

The oats weren't too bad mixed in. Most went down the hatch, and the rest I had to chew up and swallow, but they tasted like chololate.

·
Spongy Member
2,044 Posts
The instant oats are somewhat processed, have less fiber and are faster digesting. I just try to keep as much processed stuff out of my diet as possible.

For regular oatmeal, I like steel cut oats.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Need your help guys.

I have a squirrelly stomach upon waking. I usually don't have much of an appetite. When I do force down some food, I usually end up puking in the middle of my workout. But I have no problem drinking a shake.

I get up at noon (remember I work nights), and begin my workout between 12:45 and 1:00 pm.

I've been having 1/2 serving of Cytogainer and a scoop of AST VP2 for "breakfast". Thats 50g protein, 40g carbs, 4g fat and 385 calories.

I actually seem to perform quite well on this. I know I should be eating a real breakfast, but it just isn't going to happen.

So I'm looking for ideas of stuff I can mix in with my shake.

It's got to be light on the stomach. I was thinking of crushing up some Cheerios and mixing them in. Or instant oats, I've heard of some BBers doing this. But that might be bogus.

Blueberries maybe? Have to get a blender too.

So do you guys have any suggestions for additions to my shake?
What are your dimensions and what are your workout goals?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.