close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

need some advice pls.

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by bertud ng putik, Feb 20, 2005.

1. bertud ng putik

bertud ng putik

gud am! last saturday its my 1st time to break in my norinco 1911A1. sa FOREN firing range (NAIC CAVITE) ako nagpa putok. 50 rnds. of armscor FMJ ammunition. may konting problema ako na encounter, from the 1st 1-15 rnds. 2 empty shells ay hindi nag eject. good thing ay nandoon yung may ari ng range, si bobby poblete. nandoon sya hanggang maubos ko yung 50 rnds. sabi nya since this is your 1st time to shoot it, baka kulang lang sa break in. try ko daw kung mauulit pa. buti na lang after consuming all the 16-50 rnds., hindi na naulit yung pag ipit ng basyo. something wrong ba with my norinco? or it really happen during the break in process???? need ur advice and comments on this matter. thanks to all bogs and more power!

2. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

You just have a few rough spots on your 'rinco. I'm sure it will smooth itself out with a few more rounds down range. I-detail strip mo, linisin at langisan ang mga parts para sigurado. How's the ejection pattern? Grouping pattern?

3. JuDGe

JuDGe

yup shoot it some more! ;f

punta kami saturday sa foren, hope to meet you there!

4. bertud ng putik

bertud ng putik

mang danny: yung ejection ay ayos, maganda tilapon ng basyo, at malalayo. for the groupings ayos din at dikit dikit sya.

judge: hope to see you there, kaso baka friday ako ulit mag punta.di bale minsan sana magka meet din tayo. thanks!

5. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

Pag sobra ang layo ng ejection (more than 8 feet), subukan mo ang 18 lbs. recoil spring.

6. paltik45

paltik45

Bertud, what do you mean "hindi nag-eject?" Sa chamber or sa ejection port? Kung hindi nahugot sa chamber yung basyo malamang medyo eksakto yung chamber or magaspang. For competition I used to open up the chamber to .452 lalo na kung panay reload ang gamit mo. Sila METRILLO may chamber reamer. Just a heads up.;) Kung "stove piping" you better check your ejection port if it's wide enough.

7. bertud ng putik

bertud ng putik

paltik: sa ejection port sya, not in the chamber. twice lang nangyari, pero after that hindi na. i fired 50 rnds. yung 1st 15 rnds., doon sya nagloko. pero after that hindi na...

Mang danny: if im going to change the spring to 18 lbs., ano kaya ang lbs. ng stock spring ko? is it lighter or heavier?

8. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

Standard 1911 recoil spring is 16 lbs using factory ammo. Check out http://www.gunsprings.com/resources/FAQ.htm for more info. I like my 1911 to eject about 4 feet @4 o'clock using my own reloads, para madaling pulutin ang basyo.

9. paltik45

paltik45

That's stove pipe and if the gun keeps doing it you better check the port. Also dont forget to lubricate your gun every once in a while and clean it after 100 to remove some debris. Norinco has a bad reputation of having a lot of "tooling" marks kaya magaspang. But over all its a nice gun to have.;)

10. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

hi bert, also got a norinco 1911. shoot it for about 200-300 rounds, after that it should work fine:) i added a group gripper to mine, and wooden grips. i'm also planning on changing the recoil spring, i want the ejected brass nearer. if your up to it, you can polish the hammer and sear interface to make the trigger crisp and nice:)

11. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

This article on 1911 extractors can be a good reference.