Glock Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bamboozled
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've decided it's time to quit dipping snuff.....

I know we've had a thread about this before, but my search-fu is weak.

Anyone else done it? How so besides cold turkey..

Thanks brothers.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Sunflower seeds and bubble yum was how I quit years ago.

Now even the mere smell of Cope makes me sick.

·
GTDS Member #49
10,103 Posts
Cold Turkey after 10 years. It was hard. Just look at some pics of what mouth and throat cancer look like. Also know that if you get cancer from chewing, it can kill you faster than smoking cause it is usually into your glands before you know you have it. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts

Thanks brothers.
Realize the only way you will quit, is because you decided you didn't want to do it anymore. Any outside influences, usually isn't enough. Once you become bored with it, or don't enjoy it anymore, then the battle is already half over.

I would highly recommend things to keep your mouth busy, such as sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds.

I wouldn't use any nicotine replacement, because you are still feeding the addiction. The goal should be to completely quit.

The only way I've seen anyone quit, is cold turkey.

Good luck, (from someone who is about to take a couple pinches from a can himself).

If I decide to kick the habit, this is what I would do.

·
38,473 Posts
Very true. Cold turkey is the only way to go.

I've cut down and cut back which always just makes you go back to it eventually.

Cold turkey works.

Just throw everything away and don't leave anything around to be tempted. I know if I had a pack around, I would reach for it because it's convenient. When I didn't have any, I actually just stopped cold turkey, didn't look for it, didn't want it, and I never go to any stop n robs or grocery stores to buy it because nobody carried the brand I wanted so it was easy.

·
Bamboozled
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reb, you're absolutely right.... I'm noticing more and more that it's just there... It seems more and more it's just something to pass the time while I drive around at work. I dip Copenhagen Wintergreen and while it used to taste good, not so much any more and the wintergreen flavor gives me acid reflux.

I finished my last can at work yesterday.........

·
Registered
16,715 Posts
Make sure to add in LOTS of extra exercise. Not only it is good for you, and for me at least helped reduce cravings, you will replace that snuff with something. For me it was food.

I quit smoking 8 years ago and got FAT afterwards. It snuck up on me and I put on a lot of weight before I noticed it. I carried it for years afterwards.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
I did copenhagen hard core. For 10, maybe 15 years. I quit dipping snuff by switching to chewing tobacco. Old school no-additives twist. I'm cured.

Thanks brothers.

·
Bamboozled
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm the opposite... I started with chewing tobacco then switched to snuff when the price of chewing tobacco went to close to 10$ a pouch.....

Well this makes 2 full days....and it's my Monday, tonight ought to be interesting....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts