Glock Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got this gun a few months back and didn’t have any history on it other then it’s a Gen 3 but the color pattern is what keeps throwing me off there are so very few glock 22 .40 with fde that I was thinking it was a gen 3 g17 with a gen3 g22 40 slide. Can anyone time me of this gun is rare or not and are they many around to compare it too also ?

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Trigger Finger Gun barrel Gun accessory Air gun

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm no expert. All I have with me right now is a Gen 3 G27. I field stripped it. The frame, slide and barrel should have matching serial numbers. I only saw two other numbers inside. A 6 digit number was on the slide stop lever and a 4 digit number on the slide. I think these are part numbers. I'm sure a more informed person will comment soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm no expert. All I have with me right now is a Gen 3 G27. I field stripped it. The frame, slide and barrel should have matching serial numbers. I only saw two other numbers inside. A 6 digit number was on the slide stop lever and a 4 digit number on the slide. I think these are part numbers. I'm sure a more informed person will comment soon.
Yeah I’m at a total lost for words because it is for sure 100 percent gen 3 frame and gen 3 slide.. but the the numbers read different inside of gun but the numbers outside the frame are the same !!

·
Mr. Awesome
12,736 Posts
The FDE G22.3 was offered a few years back. It’s just a G22.3 with a colored frame. For someone looking for one, it may have higher value than an all black one. Otherwise, it’s just a colored frame. They aren’t common, but I don’t know that this model would qualify as “rare”, either.

Reactions: Glock Commander

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
So I got this gun a few months back and didn’t have any history on it other then it’s a Gen 3 but the color pattern is what keeps throwing me ...
Do you have the Glock Box? The box will say what it is. I got a Glock 17 in Olive Drab so on the its box is "G17 OD" above the seral number so I know its from Glock that way and not just cerakote by someone.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
The FDE G22.3 was offered a few years back. It’s just a G22.3 with a colored frame. For someone looking for one, it may have higher value than an all black one. Otherwise, it’s just a colored frame. They aren’t common, but I don’t know that this model would qualify as “rare”, either.
Roger that maybe in 2015 as I remember.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Waynes world 90, The serial number on the front of the frame is the serial number you go by ( on Glocks "in the USA"). To tell if its all numbers matching the right side of the barrel serial number (holding it in your right hand) and the slide number (above barrel number) m ust all 3 match. Provide the serial number prefix, the 3 letters. And I will see what i can find out. But, you can always call Glock. Its not very valuable, and not very rare. Other than its a short production run. But it does look like its a tenifer gun. Did it come with the original box?

·
Registered
562 Posts
So I got this gun a few months back and didn’t have any history on it other then it’s a Gen 3 but the color pattern is what keeps throwing me off there are so very few glock 22 .40 with fde that I was thinking it was a gen 3 g17 with a gen3 g22 40 slide. Can anyone time me of this gun is rare or not and are they many around to compare it too also ?

View attachment 1068537 View attachment 1068536
I don’t know, but what I do know is that is a badass pistol

Reactions: Julius Seizure
1 - 14 of 14 Posts