Need recommendation for sights

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by rt_wing_nut, Jul 29, 2007.

1. rt_wing_nut

rt_wing_nut

My eyes are getting older and I noticed during my last trip to the range the longer I shot the fuzzier the sights became. Both my G-17 and G-19 still have stock sights. I am looking to upgrade into something that

1- is large/distinctive enough to see
    2- versatile enough for indoor and outdoor GSSF events
    3- will still allow me to shoot in amateur civilian

Any help is apreciated.

Thanks

2. ede

ede

i used heinie rear and dawson FO front for a long time and liked it but have switched all my GSSF guns to ameriglo sights. only way to know what you really like is to try them out, either on someone's gun or buy some and give them a try. seems a lot of GSSF shooters last weekend were using FO sights with what i thought were huge FO inserts instead of the smaller ones like dawson uses.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I prefer AmeriGlo after trying nearly everything on the market.

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Heinies Combo 320 set are hard to beat on most Glocks.:thumbsup:

5. GLW

GLW

I have the same problem with the fuzz growing inside my rear sight notch. For this reason, I've switched to Ameriglo combat sights with a narrow front sight and wide rear notch. These fixed sights are very well made, install easily and give the crisp sight picture you are looking for.

If you order on line and use "Grady" as the promo code you may see a nice discount. Give them a try. You won't be disappointed.

Let me know if you do and what you think about them.

6. Turak

Turak Guest

I like the Ameriglo Sights....

7. Blue Jacket

Blue Jacket

Another vote for heinies

8. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I use Heinies on my G17.

9. gary newport

gary newport

You might consider the new three-dot Ameriglo LumaNova sights. The front is not too small (for me, anyway), the front and rear combination provides decent "light bars" on either side of the front when shooting slowly at a bright target, the three dots allow for quick alignment on close targets without requiring a hard focus on the conventional sight picture, and the phosphorescent dots can be "charged" with a flashlight to glow brighter than any night sight I've ever seen in low light or in indoor ranges (fiber-optic sights don't work so well under these two conditions).

I have a set on my #2 G37 and I'm impressed with them. Ameriglo also makes LumaNova fronts with a square "dot" which could be used with a plain or white-outline rear.

10. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

I use the Bomars as I prefer an asjustable for comp shooting.

Other great options are
    WTS - Sevigny
    Heinie
    DP adjustable.

11. Pat S

Pat S Millennium Member

I've used both the (CGR)Bomars that Matt sells and have a set of the Dawsons with the FO front and I like them both. After using both the black Bomar front and the FO Dawson front I won't go back to the black front sight. I've got aging eyes also and that fiber optic helps keep my eye focused and drawn to it. I also use correction to help get a sharp focus on the front sight with an older pair of reading glasses I have. I've thought about trying the Heines with a fiber optic front but they are a fixed rear and I didn't want to take a chance on being off my point of impact---thus the adjustable rear is my choice.

Pat

12. shootinglocks

shootinglocks

there are a ton of sights out there. some folks like fiber optics(i find them distracting). hiene is good but non adjustable. warren tactical is what sevigny uses. bomars are adjustable but hang off the back of the gun. dawson does make an adjustable and it looks like the slant pro/warren tactical profile. its personal preference really.check at the next gssf match most folks will let you take a look at their sights and you can find what works for you without spending alot of money :banana:

13. bloodhound

bloodhound

Another vote for heinies