close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need lunch ideas

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Yar, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Yar

Yar

I'm trying to not eat out as much at work. Pretty much it's all fast food, and mexican. I'm kind of sick of sandwiches. My problem is I'm not a very good shopper and am very busy. When I do go to the supermarket I usually only buy enough food for 2 days. I'm always on the go so I have to pretty much plan my meals. I would like to pack something healthy. I have access to a fridge and microwave at work.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

My regular lunch is one banana and one package of granola bars.

Cheap, easy. I buy 12 packs from Wal-Mart for $4, and 5 bananas from Kroger for less than $1. The week's worth of lunch is about $3.

I also have 2 apples in the day, one at 9 and another at 3. A 3-lb bag lasts one week and costs less than $3.

I used to work with a guy who had a McDonalds salad for lunch. He was trim.

3. MikeG22

MikeG22 CLM

If the fridge has a freezer there are some good, low-cal healthy frozen Lean Cuisine type meals you can get. They usually have a decent amount of veggies which is nice and if you pick the right ones taste good and are all under 400 calories. There is a good "dinnertime selection" version that is chicken and fetucinni alfredo with brocali that's 372 cals, pretty good size, and 2 servings of vegtables. Pretty hard to beat.

4. Dandapani

Dandapani

i would bring canned sardines, single serving cans of tuna fish, peanuts/mixed nuts, etc. to eat for lunch when i ate at work by myself.

5. XD40FAN

XD40FAN

Peanut butter and strawberry jelly on wheat. Banana. Bottle of water or Coke. Then a strawberry NutraGrain bar around 3pm.