Glock Talk banner

Need LE opinion on a Lawyer's statement...

237 7
I have my opinion, but I am only a Leo, not a LEO.
user;13762377 said:
The simple answer is a reference to the question that shows up on the bar exam in the criminal law section: "What crime or crimes have been committed?"; if you can't come up with a specific answer, then the answer is, "none". If they are violating a specific statute in your presence, then you make an arrest. Or if they make threats with reference to the firearms (any use of a firearm in connection with an attempt to intimidate or coerce is "brandishing" in Virginia), or do anything with the gun other than wear it or use it in the reasonable defense of self or others, given a threat of imminent serious bodily injury, then make an arrest.

Otherwise, it's just something they're wearing, like shoes, and ought to be given no more importance than that. You have no duty as a police officer to ensure public safety; the courts have said so over and over again. It is not the job of the State to prevent crimes, but to apprehend and punish those who engage in criminal activity.

Anyone who gets worked up on one side or the other of this issue has lost - don't let Satan steal your peace.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Unfair Facist
30,613 Posts
RussP;13763326 said:
I have my opinion, but I am only a Leo, not a LEO.
You know you are a genuine retard when you equate a deadly weapon as no more threatening or relevant than your shoes.

But I don't think that is the opinion you want me to share on that thread is it?

:rofl::rofl:

· Why so serious?
45mm 9ACP
69,083 Posts
:rofl:

· Super Moderator
62,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dragoon44;13765967 said:
You know you are a genuine retard when you equate a deadly weapon as no more threatening or relevant than your shoes.

But I don't think that is the opinion you want me to share on that thread is it?

Can you change 'retard' to 'someone unable to handle complex mental exercises'? No, that still insults those with real challenges.

Still say some of these special people need to go on a month of ride-alongs and listen to the toro caca a real LEO has to put up with.

· Super Moderator
62,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, and wasn't there a case where some guy on an airplane tried to blow up the plane with his shoes? Guess the 2nd Amendment ambulance chaser forgot that pair of shoes.

· Unfair Facist
30,613 Posts
RussP;13768259 said:
Can you change 'retard' to 'someone unable to handle complex mental exercises'? No, that still insults those with real challenges.
only alternatives I can think of that fit.

imbecile
mouth breather
Dip****
dumbass
brain dead
"tard
**** for brains

· Unfair Facist
30,613 Posts
Anytime I think GT is too much I go read a few posts at opencarryorgasm. or Ar15, once my blood pressure subsides and I can see again GT looks completely rational and normal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts