Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working from home now and need IE to access things. I have IE on my computer, because it shows as a possible selection for the default browser, but I can't find where to actually make it start. It's not showing in the menu where Google says it should be. Ideas?

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,111 Posts
You running Vista or XP? :couch:

Reactions: jmohme

·
Registered
25,952 Posts
I think you want Microsoft Edge - not Explorer.

Hit the little search magnifying glass on the bottom left of your screen and type in Egde

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you want Microsoft Edge - not Explorer.

Hit the little search magnifying glass on the bottom left of your screen and type in Egde
No definitely Explorer. I need the compatibility view feature because the other browsers are making the pages messed up.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Edge and IE are both on Windows 10. By default Edge is the browser MS Win10 wants you to use.

To access IE if you have no obvious link is to click the Window Pane in the lower left, start typing ie, the link will pop up near the start menu. Right click and choose "Pin to Start or Task Bar" or both and you'll have it fully available for use.

·
Señor Member
10,050 Posts
Tell it, hey, Siri. Play IE.

·
Registered
10,056 Posts
There are many ways to do this depending on your OS and method. Since you didn't specify, here is a fail safe:

Do a search for the file iexplore.exe then double click on it.

After the search create a shortcut (right click on the file) and put it where you want.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I don’t do Windows anymore, but my wife started using our old Windows machines for distance school teaching. We found that, even with the latest version, that IE was unable to open sites she had to use. We used Edge, and that did the trick.

·
Registered
17,442 Posts
I don’t do Windows anymore, but my wife started using our old Windows machines for distance school teaching. We found that, even with the latest version, that IE was unable to open sites she had to use. We used Edge, and that did the trick.
I don’t do much PC computing any more since I’m retired. Went through the drill to put an icon for IE on my taskbar and use it. So far I’ve not run into anything it won’t open. Edge is also on the taskbar.

Reactions: Ftttu

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I don’t do much PC computing any more since I’m retired. Went through the drill to put an icon for IE on my taskbar and use it. So far I’ve not run into anything it won’t open. Edge is also on the taskbar.
It is possible that it was the latest IE that my Windows 7 laptop had and not my Windows 10 tower machine. The latest Windows 10 IE version MAY open all that Edge can...I just don't know.

My wife was using the laptop for the camera meetings, but would use the tower for actual work. I'm so used to Macs right now, I moved her entirely to our Mac. On the Mac, she uses Chrome since some of the teaching sites will only work with it. For camera meetings, she will use the laptop or one of our many IOS devices if they will work.

Web cams are hard to come by, and who knows when the one we ordered will ever come in. If and when it ever arrives, our Windows machines will go back into darkness where they belong.

·
NRA Life Member
66,515 Posts
Other than peng, these answers are mostly so useless it's like the computer version of General Glocking.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Yes, if you are not on IE 11 there are more and more sites that won't work.

·
Sir Arthur if you Puh-leeze!
1,622 Posts
Its going to take forever to download on your dial up AOL connection.
Whether or not a sarcasm, still funny.

/
There are many sites that do not support every browser out there. I use two, one daily, that are browser picky.
Microsoft tried to drop support for IE, but couldn't get everyone on Edge and very surprisingly resumed IE support.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts