Need input on titanium fps

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by dc2integra, Dec 31, 2009.

1. dc2integra

dc2integra

i was just wondering if any of you guys had experience with these there supposed to lighten your trigger pull cause there beveld.Any info would be appreciated

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

They are just another waste of money for a personal defense weapon. Titanium is more brittle than steel and might break on you at just the wrong moment. I do not even use them in my competition Glocks.

3. Grey Goblin

Grey Goblin

Usually much less effect on trigger pull than type of connector or striker/firing pin spring weight.

4. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

You can already polish and/or change the bevel on the original (and dirt cheap compared to Titanium) type of plunger and get as much or better improvement, so why pay extra money for different metal?

A benefit from even the just a change in the shape/polish of the bevel is debatable, and even if the benefit is real, changing to the titanium material isn't really going to be any real help.

But the thing about changing the bevel on the stock part is that you'll go through the plating, which can sometimes be seen peeling off anyway.

5. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Danny beat me to the punch.

That really sucks that a guy who is twice retired, AND retires from Gen Glocking is faster than I am!

:)

'Drew

6. MarkCO

MarkCO CLM Millennium Member

Tested 5 different versions over the last few weeks.

Titanium, both from feel and measurements, offers no benefit over a properly beveled FPS plunger. A reduced power spring offers some benefit over a stock set-up, both with a modified and stock FPS plunger.

7. mclaren

mclaren

I think these are cool parts if you are into Ti. But I dont think that the resistance added to the trigger pull is because of the inertia of the stock FPS. I think the spring and the bevel are what matters. This part doesnt move fast enough or far enough for the mass to matter. Thats just my 2 cents

8. meleors

meleors Cranky Member

Shucks,
    I thought this was going to be about the velocity of titanium bullets! :supergrin:

9. Gallium

Gallium CLM

How about a 4.5lb connector? Or at worst, a Ghost connector? Would that do the trick? Just how light a pull do you envision/want?

'Drew

10. English

English

You must be thinking of magnesium bullets. The base catches fire from the hot gas and acts like a rocket.

English

11. bentbiker

bentbiker

Yes, the domed shape of the plunger smoothes out phase one of the trigger pull, making it feel lighter. As stated by the others, you can achieve the same thing if you carefully grind and polish the steel plunger and make sure you don't change the height or bevel it to the point where the flat surface is gone.

Or, if you value your time, you can buy the ti plunger knowing:
    • It works without having to shoot 2000 rounds or risk polishing the original
    • Won't rust
    • Won't peel or wear
    • Won't allow a rough trigger bar ramp to catch on a small-radius plunger shoulder
    • Won't provide any additional benefit from reduced weight.
    That's what I did and I couldn't be happier. Yes, if I ever shoot GSSF I'll have to change the plunger back to stock, but I guess I don't know why Glock doesn't round off the shoulder of the plunger and make this unnecessary.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010