close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Need info on value of 9mm Glock 19

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by ArmedLady, Nov 3, 2003.

Tags:
  1. ArmedLady

ArmedLady

My husband passed away last year. He had a 9mm Glock 19 he bought in 1993 for $430.00. We both shot it but only put about 15 boxes of shells through it. I really like the gun and won't sell it unless it is still worth at least as much as he paid for it. It is in excellent condition with original box.

2. AC37

AC37 SystemicAnomaly

Does it still have the high-caps (15-rounders)? If so, you can definitely get more out of the sale than $430. My advice if you are looking for some money is this...hang on to the gun, sell the high caps (those will fetch at least $50-$60 apiece), buy a few 10 rounders, and with a little luck soon the AWB will sunset and you'll be able to buy 15-rounders for $20 or less again soon enough. But of course I don't know all the details of why you're thinking about selling the gun, just trying to give some helpful advice to on what to do. Best of luck to you. :)

3. ArmedLady

ArmedLady

I had no idea the large capacity clips made the gun worth more. Thanks for your advice. The reason for selling the Glock 19 is to replace it with a revolver that is light weight and easy to carry. I have a Taurus 38 special but it is too heavy.

4. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Good advice. If mags are FML (full metal lined) they are worth more esp if no cracks/damage. Don't go to a gun store and ask what they will give for it. I KNOW they will say "Well the gun is OK so we can give you $250,$275 for it but the mags we sell for $25 so can give you $25 for the pair....Heck we will be nice and give you $325 for whole package" Then mark the gun for $450 and mags for $100 each.
    In all honesty the gun is worth + $400 and mags @ $70 each. I assume they have numbers to 15 on back? Better explanation of FML/NFML below.
    edit to make it clearer. :)

5. NightWolfe

NightWolfe Grumpy Glocker

what larry said .. don't goto a gun store .. they'll just rip you off .. you could try a want ad in the paper .. or try selling it on here .. here is probably your best bet ..

someone here would be able to fill you in on how to go about selling it online ..

6. smoke

smoke

In all honesty the gun is worth @ $400 and mags @ $60 each. I assume they have numbers to 15 on back? Is there metal showing around every hole? If so FML

Sorry, not so. All GLOCK factory mags have metal liners. It depends on the shape (# of sides) of the liner in determining FML vs NFML.

7. ArmedLady

ArmedLady

I am not savy on the abreviations. What is NFML?

What do you mean when you say; "It depends on the shape (# of sides) of the liner in determining FML vs NFML." Are you referring to the condition of the gun and mags? What is number of sides?

I feel kind of stupid, but I am grateful for what I am learning from everyone.

8. smoke

smoke

Referring to mags.

NFML = Non Full Metal Lined (metal liner on back and both sides of mag.

FML = Full Metal Lined (metal liner on both sides, front and back)

Usually, FMLs are more desirable.

Go to Glockmeister.com and look under tech info for more information.

9. ssgrock3

ssgrock3

oops double post

10. ssgrock3

ssgrock3

NFMLNDF also has a half moon notch at the top of the mag where the rear of the bullet sits when loaded.
    FMLDF have a square notch instead
    if the mags are loaded, you could put them in the pistol and then push the mag release if they drop out there is a VERY good chance the are DROP FREE, if you have to pull them out instead..then they are the non drop free no metal liner.

11. GoGators

GoGators Stomatologist

Armedlady,

Any chance of getting a picture of this gun and its magazines for us so we can tell you what for sure what it's worth?

12. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

FYI. Although they are rare in the US, the original G17 mags only had metal around the lips. In fact, first gen mags aren't really the first generation. You can see them in some of the original Glock promo pictures.