Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an European model RCBS polisher. The motor is 230 v and .55 amp. I am trying to convert it to US voltage. Anybody on here got an American 115 volt version who can post the motor info; i.e., Manufacturer, Model Number, Type Number, a good clear pic of the label would be wonderful. Also, any info on a replacement drive belt would be a blessing. Mine is marked Jason 130XL 025. Still looking online to see if I can find that as well.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RCBS found a spare new motor in their shop and are shipping to me free of charge! Great customer service.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yes, and Dillon Precision is right up there with RCBS too! Other great customer service departments at gun-related companies include: Smith & Wesson, Sturm-Ruger, and Arsenal, Inc.

NOTE: I ran an RCBS Sidewinder for more than a decade. You might want to get an extra barrel for that Sidewinder. This way you can easily do both wet and dry polishing without any delay.

Reactions: weemsf50

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, and Dillon Precision is right up there with RCBS too! Other great customer service departments at gun-related companies include: Smith & Wesson, Sturm-Ruger, and Arsenal, Inc.

NOTE: I ran an RCBS Sidewinder for more than a decade. You might want to get an extra barrel for that Sidewinder. This way you can easily do both wet and dry polishing without any delay.

I use a Dillon 550 and love it. Been using their large tumbler, but received this RCBS model from a friend's wife who passed away. Most of all the gun related manufacturers have good customer service. I am very happy. (By the way, the device came with 3 drums.)

Reactions: G21.4Me

·
Registered
286 Posts
I use a Dillon 550 and love it. Been using their large tumbler, but received this RCBS model from a friend's wife who passed away. Most of all the gun related manufacturers have good customer service. I am very happy. (By the way, the device came with 3 drums.)
What can I say? YOU are one very lucky man! That sidewinder is THE KING of all non-commercial polishing machines; and, in case you don't know yet: IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE! (Those drums are, like, $175.00 each.) So you did real good!

With this said, there are a few gun companies whose customer service and customer service departments really stink; and, unfortunately, I've had the displeasure of being forced to repeatedly deal with one of them. ;)

Reactions: weemsf50

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What can I say? YOU are one very lucky man! That sidewinder is THE KING of all non-commercial polishing machines; and, in case you don't know yet: IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE! (Those drums are, like, $175.00 each.) So you did real good!

With this said, there are a few gun companies whose customer service and customer service departments really stink; and, unfortunately, I've had the displeasure of being forced to repeatedly deal with one of them. ;)
Taurus? I have had some issues with them in the past.

I got the polisher because of a very good friend's death. He had bought it and then realized it was set up for the UK and not the States. Don't know why he didn't return it, but it is brand new in the box, the extra drums are still wrapped in plastic. I am pumped about using it as a wet tumbler. I am indeed blessed.

Reactions: G21.4Me
1 - 6 of 6 Posts