close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need info on choosing my Glock 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ncglock19, Jan 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ncglock19

ncglock19

Greetings all-

I'm a newbie to pistols (shotguns and hunting as a pre-teen). I've had the good fortune to shoot at a range here in NC that has gun rental. I've tried their rentals, and just couldn't help falling in love with the Glock 19.

I've decided that I'd like to get a Gen 3 Glock 19 with Factory installed night sights. The kit with 2 mags, cleaning, etc.

The problem is that every shop I talked to here doesn't seem like they are in a hurry to sell a gun. Two long distance dealers I spoke with want to sell me a G19 with their own after-market night sights added.

Am I too hung up on getting a 19 with factory night sights? This will be my first pistol, so I figure I'm entitled to pay for what I want. Just wondering if anyone could educate me. The Dixie Gun show is in Raleigh on 1/16/2010 and I plan to be there with my permit and cash in hand.

Thanks in advance for any good advice that comes my way. Sorry I jumped out of the chute so quickly, but I'd like to have my own after renting so many.

joe