close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need info from someone in NJ about selling a firearm

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by grandkodiak, Feb 28, 2010.

1. grandkodiak

grandkodiak

Times are tight and I'm selling off a bunch of stuff, and I'm afraid the Glock has to go. I hardly ever use it because it's so damn expensive for ammo and fees to get to the range, and home protection I still have the Mossberg and some other goodies.

Question is though, how do I go about selling it? I have a few friends with FID's that would be interested but I don't know how you go about doing it. Must it be done through a FFL, police station, state police etc? What kind of paperwork is required? Worse comes to worse I'd consider selling it on gunbroker, and I know it has to be SHIPPED to an FFL in the state of whoever buys it, but then how does it go out of my name? etcetc.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  2. James Dean

James Dean

List it in the Want ad Firearms section on this site. I live here in NJ and I would go to a FFL dealer and have them ship it when I got the money. it cost between $25 and $35 to have an FFL do the transfer. I live not far from you, Sure Shot Pistol range in Lakewood NJ could do it for you. What Glock number is it?

3. model_19

model_19 Glock-a-feller

you can sell it to anyone in NJ that posesses a NJ FID card. It is the duty of the BUYER to apply for and recieve a pistol purchase permit from his local PD, signed by the Chief officer therein.
    If you wish to sell to an individual out of state, then the pistol MUST be shipped thru an FFL, who will have to log it into his books, [thus the transfer].
    Long guns may be sold privately, to individuals in state with a NJ FID card, and do not need a permit. There is a certificate of eligability that should also be filled out to show the transfer of ownership. Out of state buyers can purchase, but the long gun must be sent to a licenced FFL.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  4. jstang

jstang

With a ftf sale in state the buyer needs a permit to purchase a pistol. There is a section on there permit for you to fill out as the seller and it states on the copies where they must be sent.